18.

side note: this chapter takes place right after Bellamy had left Octavia in the woods.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 

Bellamy couldn't think about his sister running off into the woods by herself. He couldn't think about how mad or upset she was. He needed to clear his mind and focus on what needed to be done. Right now his priority is getting to that Pod before anyone else. That way, he can make sure all communication or possible communication is destroyed. Nobody has to know, besides Samantha or Octavia, but he didn't care honestly. Nothing mattered besides this one task. 

"You owe me!" Bellamy called out, ignoring Samantha's questioning words to his statement. He did feel as if she owed him. He saved her from falling onto spears, from the fog, from Murphy.. Not to mention he still is convinced that he is Samantha's mission. None of that mattered though, he needed to get to that Pod.

Bellamy picked up the pace, running to where the crash site was. His feet only slowed down once he came up to a tiny clearing. Looking around, he made sure that nobody else was here before making himself visible. Just because he needed to get the job done, doesn't mean that he turned stupid.

The Pod was smashed into the ground, smoking. It was pretty tiny, smaller than he had guessed when it was flying down from Space. Carefully, Bellamy made his way over to the pod. As he approached, he heard slight static noises coming from inside. "Great.." He grumbled, assuming the noise was a radio. Yanking the door open, he froze as he looked inside. There was a person who looked to be knocked out in a full space suit. There was no way to tell who it was but they seemed smaller to him. Hinting it probably wasn't one of the guards. 

"If you are receiving this please respond." The radio called out, breaking up in between words. "Pod One, Pod One. This is Ark Station Medical." Bellamy slowly pulled out his knife that he brought with, bringing it up to view as he looked at the person. His mind was racing. Who was it? Are they a threat? Should he end all threats?

As he examined them, he saw blood dripping from the helmet. They might be dead already anyways. "I'm not a killer.." He whispered to himself, remembering how he killed Jaha. Pulling himself from his thoughts he acted quick, using the knife to cut through the wires attaching the communication to the pod. Once the radio left it's position, the words and static halted. It wasn't enough though. He had to make sure it was gone and never to be used again. 

Leaving the scene, Bellamy rushed to find a place to get rid of the evidence. He honestly had no idea what to do with it but soon a thought crossed his mind. His ears perked up as he heard running water, meaning a river had to be near by. Jogging at a light pace, he followed the noise until he found it. 

Bellamy walked to the edge of the river and stared out into it. Out of the corner of his eye he caught his reflection in the water. His face softened, looking into his own eyes for the first time in awhile. There were no mirrors down on Earth, no way to look at yourself. 

As he watched his reflection, his eyes traveled down to the radio in hand. Who was he becoming? If this was destroyed then there would be no communication, no hope for The Ark to come down. Was he really able to live with himself? Is he even able to live with himself right now? 

Letting out a exhausted growl, he pulled his arm back and chucked the radio into the river as far as he could. It landed with a plop and he assumed a giant weight would be off his shoulders now. Instead, he just felt even more pain and regret. What was happening to him. 

Rubbing his hands over his face frantically to try and pull it together, he made his way back to camp. He found no use in killing the person who came down. Well- he couldn't bring himself to do it honestly, not like he'd admit that. They couldn't communicate so it didn't matter was his reasoning. Besides if it's been proven before the 100 trusts him-not some random Ark person they sent down.