36. Part 1

This is a really really  short chapter, but I made it into a Part 1 and Part 2.. idk I kinda liked this section apart from the rest. 

x x x x x x x x x x x x

Darkness.

That's all it was.

Surrounded and being swallowed alive. 

Or so it felt.

Samantha was only asleep a couple hours but those couple hours were some of the worst of her life. She was on the brink of death, playing on the tightrope of life with a bottomless pit of doom below. If she waivered, she would fall into that darkness. She wasn't fighting for survival. She was drowning in the empty dark as it rose up and engulfed her whole.

"Bellamy!!" A voice called out, in a fit of panic. "Bellamy.. Are..No.." The words sounded muffled and far away, as if it wasn't real. Her sight was limited to blackness, but as some of those words made it to her ears, it added a slight light into her world of dark. It was forcing her upwards, away from the nothingness and towards an overpowering brightness.

Samantha let out a slight cough, for the first time since passing out, being slightly aware of her surroundings. Her body shivered, feeling suddenly freezing. She tried to open her eyes to see what brought her back from death, but they were so heavy that she was having a hard time. The voices surrounding her sounded like gibberish. But the tone of the nonsense being conversed was fear. 

Why were they so scared?

If she wasn't so out of it, she would've been slightly concerned. But right now nothing was making sense, she was barely coherent. After a minute, managed to force her eyes to slightly open but only a minimal amount. Her eyes squinted, trying to make out what was happening but all she saw was tunnel vision of blurry figures moving too quickly for her to process.  

Her lips parted as she tried to speak. Although she couldn't even pull her thoughts together enough to comprehend how  to speak. Instead, she laid there, dozing in and out of sleep again. A sudden eruption of chest coughs occurred near her. Forcing her to stay with reality for just a little bit longer.

Sucking a harsh breathe in, Samantha pried her eyes open with the rest of her strength. That's when she saw it. That's when she saw who was sick and, for what she assumed, the reason she wasn't totally in the darkness anymore. 

Bellamy.

He was laying down on an open blanket directly next to her side. He was in bad shape, throwing up blood everywhere and visibly scared. In that moment she wanted nothing more than to be able to take his pain away. If she could take on his sickness, no matter what, she would. This was the first actual thought she was able to have since she was brought into the drop ship. 

She would die for him. 

Samantha's vision began to double again, just like the last time before she had a seizure. Her head pounded feeling like it was going to implode. The pain made her eyes shut, once more, forcefully. It was too much. Her body was reacting worse than most of the others who were sick, nobody knew why. As she laid there in excruciating pain, she began to think if this was all some sort of sick joke. 

Maybe she was in hell.

Maybe she had succumb to the darkness after all. The light was only a false hope of what could've been. 

Was this her hell?

The world grew fuzzy inside her mind, going blank. All she saw once again was darkness. She lost all of her sense, fading away from reality and herself. 

Till it consumed her. . .