Chapter Ten

A/N: Using writing as a coping mechanism? It's more likely than you think.

TW: descriptions of domestic abuse, sexual harassment

Smut warning (not triggering, it's between Indigo and Christine)

June 16th, 1963

Five days since returning from hospital, Indigo was starting to get bored being cooped up in bed, Christine could tell. She couldn't blame her, as much as she put on a brave face when Christine was home, she could tell she wanted to go to uni again- but she was signed off for another week.

She was laying in bed with her, one hand massaging Indigo's aching hip, when Indigo finally voiced her concern.

"You don't have to do this for me."

"Do what?"

"Take care of me, I can look after myself."

"I know you can," Christine spoke carefully, knowing it was a sore subject, "I just want to look after my girlfriend."

Indigo's face broke out into a grin,
"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she said, "Is there anything else I can do, my lady?"

"I think I know something," she giggled, guiding her hand from her hip lower, "Make me feel human again."

"Whatever you want," she smiled, diving down under the blanket and easing off Indigo's panties, "My baby girl."

She heard Indigo's muffled whimper at her words, then the soft whine as she wrapped her lips around her clit and her legs bucked. Christine smiled, pulling back and teasing her with a few kisses over her stomach and thighs.

"Chris, please!"

"Don't worry, baby, I've got you," she whispered, pumping two fingers in and out of her very slowly as she lowered her mouth again.

She kept sucking as Indigo's thighs shook and her hips bucked up to meet her mouth, smiling and lapping up at her folds as Indigo moaned out and came.

"Did that help?" Christine murmured, moving back up to pull Indigo to rest against her side.

"Yes," she said, "I would return it but I don't think I can move much right now."

"That's okay," Christine smiled, "Seeing you come is enough."

"I love you so much," Indigo yawned, "Will you be here when I wake up?"

"Of course."

June 22nd, 1963

Christine helped Indigo walk out of the flat, to the bus stop, as she took baby steps. She smiled, watching as Indigo blinked at the bright light.

"You've got everything you need?" she asked gently.

"Yeah, and you're with me this time."

"And we have your doctors note, so we'll be fine."

Indigo nodded, resting against the bus stop post. She'd coaxed Christine into letting her go to uni to finish off the years work, wanting to be finished early so she had more time to rest. Ever since the Doctor had diagnosed her, she'd been out three times- once into the communal garden, and twice on a little walk with Christine to buy groceries- and she'd needed to nap right after they came back both times.

She didn't want to pry too hard, figuring Indigo would talk some more when she was ready, but she suspected as the Doctor said it could have been triggered by trauma, that being cut off from what little she had for a family had caused it. From what she knew, Indigo had been putting it lightly that her parents were abusive.