Chaper 1- Meet Ethan

Ethan's POV 

"What do you mean I'm suspended?!" I asked Coach Sawyer for the hundredth time. 

"It means," Coach Sawyer sighed. "You're suspended. And don't worry, it's only temporary. Just pass your stupid Calculus test in the next two weeks and you're back on the team! Now go shower, Rivers!" 

I gave him one last look and walked back to the locker room in defeat. I couldn't believe my ears. Suspended from the basketball team? Impossible. Just because I got a stupid B- in my last test didn't mean I had to get suspended, although temporary.

Calculus is shit. Seriously. 

Recalling the day of the test, all I can remember is that my teacher hated me for texting during class. He didn't understand. I was texting with Aria, one of the cheerleaders. She was hot. 

But I didn't think a B- is bad at all. It's pretty good for a person who didn't listen in class at all, isn't it? And I crammed really hard the night before the test. Plus, Mr. Fenners gave us a coverage of five chapters. I mean, who the hell wants that?

No one. Except for that kid Samantha Williams. That girl is a nerd. She's Mr. Fenners' favorite, because no one answers his questions half the time during class except for her. Ugh. How did she do it? 

"Dude," Zack, my best friend, asked. "You okay?" 

I nodded my head. "Yeah, just great." 

He patted my back. "It's okay, man. Just put your head in the right place next time." 

I sighed. "You're right. Thanks, man." 

After I changed out of my uniform, I grabbed my car keys out of my gym bag and strolled over to the parking lot. Suspended from the basketball team? How was this possible? 

"Erm, hi Ethan!" Ashley called out from her car. Or at least, I thought it was her car. 

"Hey, Ash. What up?" I smiled at her, although I was pretty sure it looked fake. 

"Uh…are you free this Friday night?" she asked nervously. 

Is she serious? I've turned her down three times this week already. Couldn't she take a clue that I wasn't interested? She should know, I mean, everyone knows. Ethan Rivers does not date. 

"Nope. I've got um…basketball practice. But maybe some time else, eh?" I said, turning my back and headed straight towards my car. 

"O-okay!" she called out. 

Phew. That was another close call. How many times do I have to deal with this whole 'saying no' thing? I get asked out by tons of girls at least ten times a day. Each. And most of the time, I have it easy. All I have to do is to flirt, and wait for them to ask me. There. 

As soon as I reached the house, I locked up my car and went in the dining room, where my parents were arguing. As usual. 

"Hey, mom!" I attempted to greet her. "Where's Mike?" 

Mike's my younger brother, who was thirteen years old. He looks almost exactly like me, except that he has dark brown hair, whereas mine was a lighter kind of brown. He also has green eyes, that seems to glow sometimes. It's creepy. 

Many times I've been told I had beautiful eyes. Of course, I was Ethan Rivers, after all. I'm gorgeous. One time, when I was in a restaurant with this girl, she described me as an "indescribable beauty". And that seemed so creepy, I never saw her again. 

"He's upstairs. Call him to go down and eat dinner." Mom said. 

I'd rather not. Dinner was hell. Heck, I wouldn't even start eating and my parents would start fighting. I once wondered if this might end up in a divorce when I was fifteen. But now I was seventeen, and it just never happened. 

"Mike, get the hell down here!" I shouted when I reached the banister. 

"Language, Ethan!" Mom scolded. I rolled my eyes. As if there were any rules in this house. For all I know, they've used an inappropriate amount of swear words so far. 

"Whatever." I muttered. 

After dinner, I went up to my room and opened my Calculus book. Better late than never. I looked at all these questions and realized that I knew absolutely nothing

Suddenly, a thought went in my mind. A very, very, horrible thought. 

No one can know about this. 

No one. Only the coach, the basketball team, and Mr. Fenners. Only them. 

No way was I going to be made fun of in the school. No. Fuckin'. Way. 

My phone instantly buzzed, and I looked at my screen. It was Tiffany Austin -this hot chick that came all the way from Texas. Apparently, she wanted me to come "over", since her parents were out of town. 

Hey, I could use a bang in times of stress. 

Quietly, I climbed out of my window and turned on the engine of my car. It was such  a good thing I was far away from the main driveway. 

I rang the doorbell of Tiffany's house. She opened it, and all she wore was a loose T-shirt. 

"What's up?" I asked, smiling a bit. 

She said nothing and grabbed me in. 

Ethan Rivers, everybody. Someone of pure awesomeness.

_-*-_ 

A/N:

Ok, so I changed the whole character of Ethan now. Happy? I didn't like where this story was going, so I decided to change the entire thing. If you like Ethan now, then press the vote button up there! If you still don't like him, then press the vote button up there! That's all, thanks! x

Oh, and I changed the cover! Do 'ya like it now? :)