Chapter 10

Sam's POV:

"Hey Logan," I breathed when I went inside his car.

"Hey.." Logan said, raising an eyebrow in the process. "Are you okay? You're panting like you ran the whole soccer field." 

I bit my lip, unsure if I should tell Logan what happened. I mean, he is my best friend. And best friends tell each other everything, right?

"Well..." I trailed off. I didn't really tell Logan anything about my guy problems since, well, I never had guy problems. I looked at him and saw that he was waiting for an answer. I decided to give it a shot. 

"EthanandIalmostkissed," I said in a rush.

"What?" Logan asked, confused written all over his face. 

"I said, Ethan and I ALMOST kissed," I repeated, slowly this time. I waited for Logan's reaction, but nothing came. He was just silent after that.

After a few moments, he was still quiet. I was about to ask him his opinion when he suddenly wrapped his arm around me. I don't know why but I involuntarily rested my head on his shoulder. 

I looked up to see he was smirking through the window. I gave him a puzzled look and he just shook his head. Looking out the window, I saw Ethan's retreating back, stomping his way to the school's entrance. He looked kind of...defeated and frustrated at the same time.

"Logan, I don't know how or why it happened. It...just...did." I sighed, raising my head away from him to look him in the eyes. 

Logan had his eyebrows furrowed. If I didn't know him well, I would've thought he was thinking about something. But since we've been best friends since who knows when, I know that he is clearly not amused.

"Logan? What's on your mind?"

Logan sighed before replying. "Honestly, a lot of things."

"Mind sharing it with me?"

Logan looked at me with so much emotions in his eyes that I can barely keep eye contact with him.

"I don't want you to get hurt," Logan admitted.

"Why would I get hurt?" I asked, confused with everything. Where was Logan heading? 

"Sam, I'm a guy. I know a guy's motives and everything."

"Just get to the point," I said, rolling my eyes. I know I sounded rude but I was confused about everything at the moment and I just wanted an answer. 

Logan looked hesitant at first but then composed himself and spoke. "Ethan's just a dumb jock who is only trying to get in your pants. Once he's done with you, he's going to treat you like you're just some piece of trash then just throw you away." 

I was shocked at his statement. Ethan's not that type of guy....right?

"Bu-but, he doesn't like me." I mumbled. "He can't do that. He won't do that."

Logan sighed. "Sam, why would he try to kiss you then?"

I was thoughtful for a moment. Why did he try to kiss me? Did that mean he...likes me? No, no. He can't. 

"I don't know. But why me? Why not someone like Summer?" 

"I don't know, either. But what I do know is that Ethan Rivers is NOT worth your time. You deserve way better." Logan stated, his piercing eyes bored at me. "Why do you even like him? What makes him so...different?"

I blushed at his last statement. I didn't even tell him that I kind of like Ethan. I mean, who wouldn't, right? But is it really that obvious?