Chapter 6

Sam's POV

After my normal morning routine- waking up, taking a shower, changing clothes, eating breakfast, hitching a ride with Logan and having class- it was finally time for lunch.

"Hey Logan. Can you buy me my lunch today?" I asked him politely.

Logan sighed. "Sure. Anything for you, princess." He winked at me before heading towards the endless line.

As I sat there alone, I tried to keep myself busy. I checked my phone and noticed that I had one new message.

'Sure. See you then.-Ethan'

I can't believe it. Ethan actually replied to my message. A smiled made its way to my face as I typed a reply to him. As I was about to send it, someone held my shoulders.

"Who are you texting that made you look like you ate rainbows for breakfast?" Logan whispered huskily in my ear.

"Good Fickleberg! Don't do that, Logan," I scolded as I moved to give him a seat. Logan, on the other hand, held his laughter in but failed miserably.

"Yo-your face! It-it was pr-priceless!" Logan said in between laughs.

I nudged him in the side. "Whatever. How did you get our food so fast anyway?" I asked as I looked at the unmoving line.

"That, my friend, is confidential," He replied, tapping the side of his nose.

I rolled my eyes as I looked at my food for today: a slice of cheese pizza, some baked penne, a glass of orange juice and an apple. Healthy, huh? As I looked up, I noticed that Ethan was staring in our direction. I don' know what made me do it but I waved at him. I, Samantha Avalon Williams, waved at Ethan Rivers without even thinking. Ethan looked taken back but gave a wave nonetheless. He then turned and walked to their table which was located in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Sam," Logan said, pulling me out of my reverie.

"Yeah?"

"Are you even paying attention to what I'm talking about here?" Logan asked, raising an eyebrow.

I gave him a sheepish look, "Yeah?"

"I said, did you just wave at Ethan Rivers?" Logan asked incredously.

"Uhm, yes?"

"How in the world did you even know him? Wait, everyone knows him. How did you became friends?"

"Well..." I trailed of, not knowing how to respond. If I tell him about Ethan's problem, I'll be breaking his trust. But if I don't tell Logan, he'll think something's up.

"Well?" Logan prodded for me to continue.

"It's sort of-" I was cut of by the bell and I thanked time for that.

"Shoot. We haven't even eaten yet!" I groaned as I fed myself as fast as I can.

Leaving half of my baked penne and pizza crust on the plate, I drank my juice in one gulp and held my apple. I then proceeded to throw my trash away and leave my tray when something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. Summer was left alone in their table, looking helpless and frustrated. I was about to head towards her when she shot me a glare. I stopped in my tracks and just proceeded to the door. Summer has moodswings since before and if that happens, just walk away and pretend nothing happened.

"What's up with Summer?" Logan suddenly asked, walking into steps with me.

"Who knows with her crazy mind," I shook my head as I said that.

"If she's crazy, what are you?" Logan asked jokingly.

"Hey! You're supposed to be my best friend," I pouted at him. But I was thankful that he dropped the subject about Ethan.