Chapter 7

Ethan's POV

I, for one, have never thought having a girlfriend would be this hard.

I had to carry Summer's books around and do other stupid things for her.

'Just get a bodyguard, for Pete's sake,' I thought.

But the worst part was that I was forced to hold hands with her in public. Whenever she would just suddenly hold my hand, I would flinch a little.

"That's sooooo cute! You're embarrassed," she would coo.

Embarrassed to be seen with her, if that's what she meant.

I would rather be seen with Samantha.

Summer interrupted my thoughts as she tightened the grip on my hand.

"You're supposed to hold my hand back!" she whisper-growled.

I held her hand back, much to my dismay.

"You're such a newbie at this," she said, as she rolled my eyes.

Well, sorry. I never had a girlfriend before, and I wasn't even planning on getting one.

--------------------- 

Basically, I was her dog for the entire day. And probably for the rest of the semester unless she would break up with me.

It was the worst at lunch.

"Ethan, will you please give me the munchkin?" she asked, batting her eyelashes at me.

I was starting to get totally pissed, but I looked for the little donut, anyways.

I found it in Summer's tray.

"It's right in front of you." I said, with a blank expression in my face.

I should never have gone to the library. It was a bad idea.

Then again, almost everything I did was a bad idea.

I was mentally banging my head in a wall when Summer gave me the evil eye.

"Exactly. Feed it to me."

I grimaced as I did.

I looked around the table. I, along with Zack, had to sit with Summer and her clique, along with Chad, a fellow basketball player and Harry.

I didn't even know Harry until today. I didn't even know if he went to Kelson Academy, since he looked like he belonged in college.

"Thank you, honey! Ciao!" she said, standing up. And she and her possy left the table.

Harry and Chad left as well, leaving Zack and I sitting alone.

"Finally!" I cried, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Seriously, dude. When is this going to end?" Zack asked.

Zack was the only one I told this thing again.

"I don't know. She told me if I tried to be disgusting or unattractive, she would still send the text. I guess she would leave me alone until she finally gets bored with me." I answered.

"Which will never happen," Zack said as we both sighed.

'There's no way out. I'm trapped in an impossible maze,' I thought.

-----------------  

"Hey, Sam," I said as I sat down. We were at the library again for another tutoring session.

Sam looked at me with a blank expression on her face.

"Uh, is it okay for me to call you Sam? I mean, Samantha's KINDA a long name," I grinned.