Chapter 9

Ethan's POV

I didn't understand myself. Was I actually NOT looking forward for today? A FRIDAY? 

I'm Summer-free for the whole weekend to see my family's friends way over in California.

But today was a Friday, and that meant it was the end of the week, and that also meant I couldn't see Sam. 

I didn't understand my feelings as well. 

Did I like Sam? I hope not. 

But...the way she makes me feel is so...nice. I don't think that's the right word. But something about her aura, and her pink-ish glow made me want to hug her.

I don't know, really. 

She's been making me feel all warm inside me for the past few days or so. And really ncie, too. She hasn't told anyone about my secret yet, including Logan, which is saying a lot, I guess. 

I closed the locker door and headed straight into English.

I looked at the back of the classroom and there she was! Samantha Williams. 

Whoa, I guess I  REALLY didn't see her before. 

I walked to the third row and sat down on my usual seat. 

"You have English on Fridays first thing in the morning, too?" I asked her. 

'Yes. Since the beginning of the school year, which was eight months ago." she asnwered. 

Then we both laughed. I looked at what she was wearing-just a quick glance-  and she actually looked pretty decent today.

She was wearing a checkered long-sleeve button-up shirt with her sleeves rolled up, a white top inside, some pair of jeans and a pair of green Converse. 

That pair of green Converse is my favorite pair of shoes I've ever seen her wear. She ACTUALLY made an effort to dress up nicely today. 

I was mentally applauding her when a shadow hovered over me. 

"Ethan, why didn't you reply to my text?" Summer asked, grumpily.

I stared back at her. 

"Seems like Barbie's a bit of a bitch today, eh? A little more than usual." Sam muttered under her breath. We were kind of near each other, so I heard it and laughed. 

Unfortunately, Summer didn't hear Samantha's little comment. "What are you laughing at?" she demanded. 

"Calm down. It's nothing." I answered, giving her a smile, hoping it was cute and it would calm her down. 

My plan worked, because it did. 

"Why didn't you reply to my text, Ethan?" she asked, her eyes full of worry. 

"Sorry. I didn't have the chance to check my phone." and as I said that, I reached out for my phone. 

Sure enough, there were five text messages from Summer and six missed calls from her as well. 

"Sorry," I looked down. 

"It's okay. Just be sure to check your phone from time to time, okay?"

"Okay." I said as I nodded. 

Summer smiled at me and walked to her seat, two rows in front of me. 

You know what? Summer would ACTUALLY be a good girlfriend if she was into committed relationships. She's all I'm-worried and nice, kind of. KIND OF. 

But the point is, I don't like her, but she was OK, I guess. 

Too bad I'm in love with her sister,' I thought.