Royal AU

The king sat on his throne utterly bored of the jester in front of him, who was trying his best to make the king laugh. The jester was dancing off beat to the drums played by his partner and then slapped himself with a pie. The king was still unamused, he lifts his hand for the jester to halt his "comedy" and cleared his throat.

"This does not amuse me at all, be gone." His voice echoed in the large room.

"Im sorry I was not more entertaining, sire." He bowed and left with his head hanging.

"Darling, please pick an entertainment soon, this is for our sons 18th birthday party." The queen spoke lightly.

"I know dearest. Whom is next to perform?"

  Prince Keith was riding his horse through the fields of the castle grounds. His red cape blew in the wind as he stopped to stare at the view, from the hill he was on he could see how big the grounds were and see the castle in the distance.
"I wonder what the rest of the world looks like." He sighed. His horse let's out a nay to get his attention.
"What is it boy?"
The black steed shakes his head and bucks up.
"Are you hungry? Let's go back to the stable."
They made their way to the stables for some food, while shiro ate Keith brushed his thick hair.
"My prince." A maid called. "It's time for dinner."

"Thank you."

"Son, it is your 18th birthday tomorrow. You know what that means." His father spoke.

"I'm one year older." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Yes, and it will be the day you find a women to make your bride, and then soon become king."

Keith groaned as he ate, he didn't want to find a women to be his wife. The only girl he had even a slight friendly relationship with was pidge the stable boy, at least that's what people thought pidge was, a boy. Keith was the only one who knew the truth, and he didn't have any romantic feelings for her. He had a childhood friend who he saw in a different way, and didn't understand the feelings at the time, sadly he tragically died and only until Keith got older did he realize the feelings he had for his friend.
To keep his memory, Keith named his horse after him. No one knew that little secret either, not even pidge.

"Oh right. So the party will have a lot of nobles presenting their daughters." He rolled his eyes.

"Yes. So be mannerly, dress sharp, and no talk about sword fighting. Women like a kind and gentle man, right my dearest." He looked to his queen with big eyes.

"Oh you are the kindest and most gentle man in all the kingdom, darling."

Keith practically puked in his mouth from the lovey Dovey scene in front of him.
He quickly made his escape from the dining room and went to bed early, as to be well rested.

Keith felt stuffy in his outfit, but kept his well mannered posture. He stood behind a curtain waiting for his que to enter the party.

"And now introducing the first prince of southern province, on his 18th birthday, prince Keith."
Keith stood at the top of the stairs, wearing ( see picture) ( I looked for real outfits and couldn't find anything I liked. So I found this. I need more prince Keith fan art)

Everyone cheered and clapped as he made his way down the stairs, as soon as he reached the bottom a nobleman appeared with his oldest daughter.
"Prince Keith, please take my daughters hand, she is very bright and has many talents."

"No take my daughter, she's the most beautiful girl in the kingdom. Can't you see."

"Please, good nobleman. I will see your daughters one at a time." He repressed an eye roll and proceeded to dance with several girls.
After his fifth dance, he took some time to eat and socialize with friends.
"Did you meet the prince from the north kingdom yet?" Hunk asked.