College AU

Rewriting because I don't like how I did it the first time. Lol

"Oh man, I'm gonna fail college." Lance whined.

"And why is that?" Pidge asked.

"I'm not doing my homework." He says with regret in his voice.

"You're not doing your homework, of course not." She mocks him and then slaps his back. "You need to do that stupid."

"Ugh but it's so hard, I don't even want to do these classes. I just want to be a singer and actor."

"Then take those kinds of classes."

"My mom set these classes for me, because it would be better for me to do a more practical job." His voice raised and fell in a mocking way, repeating what his mom told him.

"That sucks. You can always drop out and try again next year and do your own classes." Hunk added.

"He would have to pay his own way, they won't give student loans to people who drop out." Pidge pushes her glasses up as she says this.

"I still have time, I can pass."

A few weeks later, lance only got a tiny bit better in one class.
"Man why is this stuff so hard." Lance whines as he throws his head on the table.

"Because you don't try to pay attention." Said pidge.

"Is lance whining again?" Keith interrupts as he walks up to them and takes a seat.

"Shut up mullet."

"At least I'm passing my classes." He smirked.

"Ugh I'm gonna talk to someone about this." He grabs his things and walks off.

A while later Keith got a text,
"Dude, Marry me."
Keith recoiled almost throwing his phone when he read it.
He sat there staring at his phone wondering if his eyes are tricking him, until another text came. "The school will only give me some kind of aid if I have a kid, if I'm 24, or married. I can't have a kid so it looks like I need to get married."

Keith showed the text to Pidge and she died laughing. "You could benefit from the aid too." She spoke while still laughing.
He managed to type back, "Okay sure, I could use the help too I guess."

"Awesome I'm gonna look up how long it takes to get married, because this has to happen soon."
Keith was lost for words at this point. Could they really do this and make it seem legitimate?
"Wait how long will we have to be married?"
He texted.

"Just until the end of term. We can stage a fight or something."

"Tell him you can divorce after two months with no problems. You don't need lawyers for it." Pidge added.
Keith and lance were really planning this out over text. Lance found someone to marry them and sign the marriage license.
"This is crazy Pidge, why did I agree to this?"

"Because of the benefits, and because you guys would make a cute couple." She giggled.

"Ew what no! Lance is so not my type."

"Why? He's not tall enough?"

"No because he's a guy, I like girls." He lied.

"Ooh ok. Well still play this up good so people believe it and you can get the extra help."

"Just until the end of the term. Then we divorce."

The next few days lance would show up at Keith's dorm and walk him to his classes. They held hands which seemed fine to both of them, it's all for show anyways. Lance even tried to kiss his cheek but he pushed away, which made lance tease him about pda and being shy.