My Brother's Best Friend

Have you ever had a crush on one of your brother's best friend's? No? Well, let me tell you, it's difficult. For one thing, you don't want to ruin your brother's friendship if you date his friend and then brake up, thus making the friend not want to come over anymore. Also, you don't want your brother to be mad or upset with you if you "take" his friend away.

I have this problem.

I have a crush on one of my brother's closest friends. His name is Cole Robert Brock, or Colby for short.

Currently, my brother Rex, Colby, and his other friends; Sam, Corey, and Aaron are chilling in his room. I am sitting in the kitchen, playing on my phone.

Suddenly, the boys came barreling down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey, sis!" Rex shouted, "you wanna have a water fight with us?" 

I looked up at my brother and his friends, they all already have their swim trunks on. I couldn't help but let my eyes linger on Colby for a second too long. 

"Okay, sure, sounds fun." I reply.

My brother smiles, along with the rest of them, and happily says "Okay, go get your swim suit on and meet us in the backyard when your ready!"

I smiled and ran up the stairs to my room. I loved having water fights with them. I love hanging out with them in general. 

Once I'm in my room, I grab my black and white bikini and head to the bathroom to change since there's no lock on my bedroom door. 

While I was changing, the door started opening.

"Hey!" I shouted at whoever was on the other side and blocking the door with my waist so it won't open anymore.

"Oh! Uh, I-I'm sorry! I didn't know you were in there." A male voice, who I recognized as Colby, said. 

"I-It's okay. Just knock next time?" I said and closed the door again, this time I made sure it was locked.

I finished changeing and went downstairs and out to the backyard. Once out there, I saw everyone helping set up. Sam and Colby were filling water balloons, Corey and Aaron were setting up buckets of water, and Rex was filling water guns.

"Hey sis, why don'tcha come help me fill these water guns?" Rex shouted to me once he noticed me. 

I glanced over at Colby who had a slight blush to his cheeks, but that could just be from being out in the hot sun, and then went over to Rex.

While picking up an empty water gun, Rex started talking. "So, I heard Colby walked in on you changing...." He said in that brotherly tone where he just trying to look out for his sister.

I felt myself start to blush. "H-He didn't walk in on me. He just started opening the door and I stopped him. He didn't know I was in there anyways." I grabbed the hose and started filling up the water gun.

"How did he accidentally  walk in on you changing when I said outloud, for everyone in the room to hear, for you to go and change?"

"Well, we do have two bathrooms. It was a fifty-fifty chance for him to walk in on me."

"Okay, well why wasn't the door locked then?"

"Um, well I thought I locked it, but I must've forgot. You know how forgetful I can be."

Before he could say anything else, Colby shouted that they filled all the water balloons and the buckets were full. 

Rex and I finished filling the last gun and then carried them all over and spread them out next to the buckets.