The Devil's box

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Oh, what destruction TV causes!

It is a big Shaitaan, a carrier of so much of fitnah.
What do we see on and in the TV? Haraam things, haraam places, etc.
We hear music.
We see half-naked (or sometimes naked) people.
We look at ghair-mahaarim.
We see zina.
We see haraam food, etc, like alcohol.
We see haraam places, like clubs.
We see intermingling.
We see bad behaviour.
We see abuse, be it physical, drug, woman or any other.
We see stereotypes, racism, wrong propaganda.
We see so many wrong and haraam acts.
And so much more.

The youth watch it, then follow whatever they see on it. It is the biggest factor that influences many people, of media.

TV is the factor that causes our youth (and elders) to fall in the traps of Shaitaan. It causes them to follow what they see on it.
It is the cause of many problems that we find today.
It subconsciously creates the desire to want to do something-somethings wrong. People do it, because what they see, they think is the norm, they want to "fit in". This is the pressure and brainwashing if the media.

Sheikh Ali Haydar Effendi was the mentor of Sheikh Mahmud Effendi.

Sheikn Mahmud said, "Those who watvh TV are destroying their Jannah! The situation of a man whose house has burnt down, is better than the one watching TV, beacause his stone made house has burnt down, while the other's life of the Hereafter is collapsing. So far life without TV was possible, so why is it not possible now?

"Do I watch TV? No! I don't!
One night, a Muslim man who consistently listens to lectures from Ulama dreamt of our beloved Rasoolullah (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam). In the dream he noticed that the number of Ulama accompanying Rasoolullah (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) were very few. Rasoolillah (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked, 'Why are there so few Ulama (of this area) here? In the dream, the question was posed to Hadhrat Ali Haydar Effendi, who happened to be in the congregation. He replied, 'Unfortunately, most of the Ulama (of this area) have purchased televisions.' "

Not only  is it the TV that is the fitnah too, there's many of us that waste our time away on You Tube, and other such apps.

Yes, it is possible to live without TV. We can make more time for 'ibaadah. We can spend more quality time with family. We can do  We can earn multiple rewards. There are so many things to do 'in place of' watching TV.

May Allah safeguard us against this tool of the evil Shayaateen.