First Day: Sneaking Breakfast

Evie's pov

I wake up early at 6 am so I can wake Evan, get him dressed, sort myself out for my first day of school and then figure out how to get food up here for Evan, I suppose I could get Jay to sneak some up or maybe it will look less suspicious if I do it myself.

I quietly get out of bed and walk over to Evan's bed that Mal magically made and I kneel down beside the bed as I slowly start to wake him. "Evan wakey wakey" I whisper stroking his hair, he blinks his eyes a few times before finally opening them "Evie" he whispers "hey baby it's time to get up I need to get you ready" I say pulling the covers off him and picking him up, he buries his head in the crook of my neck and I place a kiss on his forehead.

I place him on my bed and walk over to the draws where I put his clothes, I pull out a navy blue t-shirt and maroon coloured pants along with a pair of white socks. I shut the draws and walk back over to Evan, I help him take off his pajamas and help him put on the clothes I just picked out for him "there you go now lets start out your hair" I say gently ruffling his hair making him smile and squirm away he hates it when people touch his hair.

He gently jumps off the bed and follows me over to my vanity desk, I sit him down on the chair and stand behind him as I grab a brush. I gently run the brush through his hair getting rid of any knots that he gained while he was sleeping. "Okay done now go sit on my bed and play with your toys but be quiet we can't wake Mal" I say quietly he nods and quietly runs over to his toy bag and drags it along with him to my bed.

I walk over to my wardrobe and pick out an outfit for today, it's my first day of school so I have to look good as always.

By the time I've washed, gotten dressed and done my hair and make up Mal starts to wake up. "Good morning sleeping beauty" I say teasingly she glares at me woth her glowing green eyes "never call me that again" she hisses as she gets out of bed running a hand through her messy hair "fine" I say turning to Evan helping him put om shoes. I stand up after I tied his shoe laces "Mal I'm going to pop down to the cafeteria and get some food for Evan could you watch him for me?" I ask she looks at me and narrows her eyes "do I look like a babysitter?" she asks I frown at her words "you always babysat him for me when we were on the isle" I say she rolls her eyes "that was on the isle but this is Auradon we have plans to discuss and see through" she says "just watch him for me I think you can spare plotting to take down Auradon for five minutes it's not hard" I snap she glares at me "excuse you? Remember who you're talking too" she sneers "yeah I know but I don't care just watch him for me and don't hurt him" I say sternly before bending down so I'm eye level with Evan. "I'll be right back I'm going to get you something to eat" I say "okay" he says with a little smile, I lean forward and place a kiss on his forehead before standing up and heading for the door.

I leave the room and head straight to the cafeteria as soon as I step foot in the room all eyes are immediately on me, making me all nervous but I shrug off the nerves and continue walking through the cafeteria ignoring everyone's stares. I walk up to the hot plate where the food is, grabbing a plate and a napkin then slowly scanning over the food. There's so much to choose from there's food I've never seen or heard of before, I soon decided on a green apple, a banana muffin and a glass of orange juice for me and for Evan I picked a blueberry muffin, a sausage, a hashbrown, a banana and a carton of milk, my brother gets hungry very quickly so the banana will be a snack for later.

I sit at an empty table and start eating my apple when suddenly I feel someone sit down across from me, I look up to see Doug sat there. "Hi Doug" I say flashing him a smile "good morning" he says returning the smile "how are you this morning?" I ask before taking a bite of my apple "very good how are you this morning?" he asks "alright" I say "so where are the others?" he asks "one is awake getting ready as for the other two I have no idea I like getting up early so I can get everything and myself ready on time" I say he smiles "me too honestly that's a good trait to have so you're never late for anything" he says "I totally agree" I say digging into my muffin. "You like banana muffins?" he asks "yeah they're delicious" I say popping a piece of the muffin in my mouth "well you know my mother makes the best banana cake I could get some for you" he says "oh no it's okay you don't have to do that" I say finishing the last of my muffin before standing up. Doug looks up "right well I'm  done so I'll see you later" I say "wait did I freak you out I'm honestly sorry if I did I'm not exactly good at talking to girls" he says sheepishly "no you didn't freak me out I just have to head back to my room to get my books for my classes today and then I have to get to class , I want to get there early before everyone else and you know what they say the early bird catches the worm" I say flashing him a pearly white smile before walking away and as I do I see a few kids from the corner of my eye rush over to Doug looking worried.

I return back to mine and Mal's room to find Evan crying causing me to instantly panic and rush over to him "baby boy what's wrong?" I ask picking him up and holding him in my arms "M-Mal yelled at me because I touched her book" he cries I look around and I just now notice Mal's absence. "Did Mal leave?" I ask he sniffles and rubs his eyes "yes I'm sorry Evy I didn't mean to make her mad" he cries he sometimes calls me Evy as that's what he first called me when he was trying to say my name "oh it's okay baby Mal should've handled it better" I say rubbing his back as I sit us down on my bed "hey look I got food for you and some milk" I say pulling out the food and milk carton from my bag, the food was wrapped in a nakpin, the muffin and banana were of course wrapped in separate napkins from the sausage and hashbrown.

Evan's eyes light up at the food, he instantly grabs the sausage and starts eating "mmh yum" he hums rubbing his belly making me giggle "there's also a blueberry muffin and a hashbrown for you" I say placing the muffin and hashbrown aside on a napkin "there's also a banana but that's for snack time" I add wrapping the banana up and putting it in his little backpack "okay Evy" he says before taking the hashbrown. I pop the straw in the milk carton and hand it to him "here's your milk" I say he smiles taking a sip "thank you" he says "you're welcome now I have to go for a little bit but I'll be back around 12ish with some lunch for for you" I say standing up "okay" he says "will you be alright?" I ask he nods "yes of course" he says "alright be good while I'm gone" I say "I will" he says turning to the blueberry muffin as I head for the door.

What did you think?

What will happen next? Stay in tune for more

Vote and comment