(2)

Two days later he came back. We went and sat on the curb near this one bakery we both appreciated. He didn't tell me why he'd been missing nor did I ask. Minutes flew by as we observed people stroll by.

"So, what happened to your parents?" 

That's why I liked him. One meet had ensured me of his direct, honest nature.

"They decomposed as they decided to beautify our almost polluted nature and became flowers. Yours?" I said that without any feelings. Sometimes you just learn to live with the facts.

"They chose to light up the dark sky more and hence became stars."

Our serene silenece continued as that was one of the best kinds. His index finger unknowingly entwined with my pinky and his gorgeous grey eyes scanned the streets for potential thrifts.

"I don't know your name?" I let my inquistiveness win.

"There's no sense in those. I could as well be Adam, Hunter, Mikhail. Maybe I could be Augutus, Romeo or even Sherlock. There's nothing you'll gain of being aware of what I'm called."

He never asked for mine and I didn't dare to give it. 

"If you want to ask anything sensible, question my current interest," he muttered under his breath.

He sure hunted like a leopard.

"What is your current muse?"

"You," he said simply.

That felt different. The warmth of his finger, the way his lips moved spelling 'you'.

Engulfing my scratched hand in his calloused one, he got up, finally acquiring his target in an old, egoistic, Italian billionaire.

"I don't like stealing," I whispered in a small voice.

"You aren't. I am."

That's how we ended up with a fat wallet full of bills. He pulled me towards the bakery where I'd been drooling over delicious macroons a while ago. I protested. It was his earned not mine. He rejected them and still strung me along.

"Why are you suddenly creating havoc in my life?" I spat.

"It was time I did," he replied cooly.

Whatever did he mean?