(9)

It had been one of those days when he had disappeared. When two o'clock approached and he didn't show up I sort of panicked. It had never happened before.

Scared that somehow he had left me all alone to fend for myself, I decided to go and at least search for him. Even if he had deserted me to my own devices, I still needed an appropriate reason.

There was no clue with me on where to find him.

We didn't have mobile phones. Really? People having to almost tear out the grass and leaves growing outside in frustration of hunger would surely carry those artifical blessings. Right!

I looked at myself in the mirror. My freckles had increased all courtsies to the one and only stranger taking me out in the sun so much more than I could handle. I was dark-circles free as my nights had become more peaceful knowning he was just a cloth away. My eyes had a different kind of shine into them. The murky browns were becoming more chocolaty.

I was happy like I'd never been.

I wasn't sick of being sick anymore.

I was in . . . some birds were twittering. I rushed outside and my eyes fell upon a cloud that looked like a shooting star. It turned to become rain. Then I travelled down to the earth and saw a flower slowly opening up its petals. The cooing sounds of a baby reached my ears and finally a puppy waddled towards me barking adorably.

I was so much in love.

I didn't know his name, I didn't know why but somehow the trail of reasoning had long ago ceased to make sense.

That's when the plan hit me. It was so simple. I hadn't even thought about it.

I entered his shack for the first time by removing the cloth which was acting as the door. It was similar to mine. Only the odour of lilles wafted around. There was a balled up jacket he probably used as a pillow. A blanket folded neatly ant kept next to the jacket. A brick lying some distance away with so many newspaper snippets lying around.

Nothing else.

I walked toards the jacket wishing to just experience what he did everytime he slept. What did he look at? What did he think off?

Just as I lay my head on his home made pillow, my head struck something hard.

It was a photoframe. One part of it had a beautiful looking couple staring at me. They looked so similar. The other part is what baffled me.

There were three of him giving me cheeky, loopsided smiles.