OMB-01 ✓

• A L E C I A. F I N N I E–15 •

I sat in the car as I looked out the window, I seen many people past by while I looked at the neighborhood most of it looked ran down.

I was going to be moving in with my cousin Monse and her dad after the incident with my family, the driver stops at a house as I look as I remember everything that took place here.

" Thank you. " I said grabbing my bags and getting out seeing the driver drive off, I heard whistles from random guys as I went up to the door knocking on it.

I heard the door open as Monse at the door as I engulfed her in a hug, as she helped me get my things inside as I felt happy to be with family again.

" Hey where is your dad at? " I asked following behind her to the guest room and putting my stuff down.

" He's on the road again, he'll be back tomorrow. " She said before we heard a crash that sounded like it came from her room.

" Um what was that? " I said before I reached in my bag pulling out a large switch blade as her eyes widened.

" It's nothing put it down. " She said while I heard footsteps coming towards us, she quickly walked out and I followed behind her seeing a guy she was trying to shoo away.

" Monse who is this?! " I said holding out my knife while he put his hands up in fear.

" This is Cesar he's my friend. " She said and I had eyed him before putting it away.

" Cesar this is my cousin Alecia as you can tell she's a bit crazy. " She said and I lightly waved as he gave an awkward smile before give a small waving gesture.

" He could've been a intruder! "I said defending myself.

" Monse How about tomorrow she meets the family? " Cesar suggested with a small smile.

" Who's the family? Is that a gang! Monse are you in a gang?! " I asked.

" No they're just a group of our friends, don't worry you'll fit right in. " Cesar said giving me a kind smile, that I had returned back as Monse slightly glared at him just then his phone got a message.

" Um I have to go now, it was nice meeting you Alecia see you two tomorrow. " He said while Monse walked him to the door letting him out before she locked it behind him and turned to me.

" Scary Movie night? " I said with a smile.

" I'll get the drinks! " Monse said with a smile before she ran off the kitchen. " I got the snacks in my bag! " I said unzipping it and grabbing out the snacks and seen a picture of my family before I sighed.

Looks like Freeridge is my new hood.