OMB-12

[ a few months later]
A L E C I A •

Ever since everything happened at the game we've all became closer, especially Cesar and Olivia because they've started dating. Monse talks to me about how she feels so she doesn't explode like how she did when they kissed.

We all started going over Ruby's house for dinner just like tonight as we all sat at the table as I sat next to Monse as Manai sat next to ruby.

As after dinner with his family it was just us talking

"Wait, Where's Mario I was hoping to see him?"Jamal asked.

"He went with his new bougie girlfriend to Nevada"Ruby replied. "Instead of coming home?"I said

"He's in the bone zone"Cesar said "True"Everyone said.

"Can you pass the tres leches"Olivia asked as Manai and I were damn there destroying it, as Jamal passed it to her.

[its a type of dessert ]

"Thanks for saving me some guys"She said with a slight smile. "You're welcome"We both said with a smile.

"My mom makes the best tres leches for my birthday"She said as I felt sorry for her.

"Guess not this year"She said sadly. "Don't say that. Maybe your folks will be home before your birthday."Manai said being nice as it warmed my heart.

"In a week? I don't thing so"Olivia said doubting. "Wait, your quince is in a week and you didn't tell us?"Ruby said.

"Mom, Dad Olivia's quince is in a week!"He yelled out. "It's not a big deal"She said whispering.

"What?"Ruby's mother said as everyone came out in the house. "Mija, is that true?"She asked.

"Mm–hmm"Olivia said slightly. "Olivia don't worry about a thing. I'm going to get my shifts covered at work, and we'll do it here next Saturday"Ruby's dad said with a smile.

As he said that everyone cheered excitedly, everyone but Olivia.

"Oh, my god"Ruby's mother said excitedly as everyone talked out everything, as Ruby's mother and grandmother talked to Olivia.

After awhile of talking we noticed Olivia was missing, as Cesar, Monse, Manai and I went to check on her as Cesar went in first as we waited a minute before following in.

"You okay?"Monse asked as we came in to see Olivia crying. "Can you all do that girly thing, where you get all soft and supportive"Cesar asked whispering to us.

"I do that?"Monse asked with a smile. "No, but can you?"He said as Manai and I lightly laughed.

Monse rolled her eyes as we all got a place on the bed and hugged Olivia, as I signaled Cesar to come over as he took my spot hugging her.

"You don't have to do this"She said sniffling as her tears fell. "We're not doing anything this is for me"Monse said. "And me"Cesar said adding on "and us"Manai and I said finishing.

"Don't know why but we all felt the need to hug"Monse said.

"I can't believe I'm about to have my first birthday without my parents, and it's my quince"Olivia said sniffling.

She vented to us as we listened as ruby came in.

"What's wrong?"He asked concerned. "Nothing, You just totally and completely devastated Olivia by suggesting she have a quince"Monse said as I lightly hit her arm.

Ruby came over as she somehow made his way into the hug.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rub salt on the wound"He said sounding sorry. "It's not your fault, I haven't seen my parents in months, and I've barely talked to them"She said sadly.

"It's just a nightmare situation"She said finishing as ruby got up.

"Which is why you should have a party!"He said excitedly. "Ruby, she doesn't want to celebrate"Manai said calmly.

"Are you even listening?"Monse said butting in getting all snappy. "I am, and what I'm hearing is how important this party is to her mom"Ruby said back.

"I can't do it without her"Olivia said. "But that's why you have to"Ruby said "You're not betraying your mom to have a quince If she's not here, but you would be betraying her not having one because she's not here"He said.

"Not after all her planning"He said finishing. "I never thought of it that way"She said to him.

"Because I'm good at making people understanding the right side of an argument"He said. "Or annoying them into submission"Monse said.

"So, do you have any ideas about what you want?"He asked.

[Next Day]

We were all at Ruby's house sitting at the table as Manai and I were sitting there tiredly still in our pajama pants and hoodies as ruby slammed down the book of Olivia's ideas instantly waking up as I sat my head up off Cesar's shoulder as Manai sat up of my mine.

"Everyone, please open your e-devices and find the email I sent titled 'Winning' "He said as Manai and I got on our phones going to our email getting it.

"Find it? Good"He said. "Because after copious hours of searching through Olivia's quincespirations, I've compiled the best ideas on a Pinterest page on the link below her headshot "He said.

"Where's Olivia?"Cesar asked. "The princesa doesn't need to be bothered with the details"Ruby replied.

I just completely zoned him out as I texted Helix.

[Text Convo]

Amor Mío 😍💗: Where you at, I came by to surprise you and you weren't there?

Me: I'm at Ruby's house we're planning a quince.

Amor Mío 😍💗: Aww that's so sweet, I'll leave you to it after hearing what you tell me about Ruby I know he's a diva.

I read Helix's text as I laughed before paying attention.

"And Manai and Alecia you two can help find decorations for the party"Ruby said ending the meeting as we all separated.

This is going to be the best quince ever.