OMB-18

• C E S A R •

I sat in the hospital room along with Monse, Olivia, and Oscar the only people as of right now who could tolerate being in the same room as me. Ruby was just helping out Manai.

Looking at Alecia laying there all I could think about was this should be me, laying here with this bullet hole in my body or laying in the ground right now.

That bullet was meant for me, everyone was right I should've just handled my business and none of this would've happened this is all my fault, but now Oscar is giving me a second chance.

I can't tell the fam or they'll just keep trying to put a stop to it, Oscar and a few other guys are coming with me and we're going to get Latrelle for this.

Alecia didn't deserve this.

"Cesar?,"I heard as I looked over at monse as she held my hand. "Yeah,"I said back quietly.

"I just want you to know I don't blame you for this, Alecia chose to jump in front and take the bullet,"She said as I snatched my hand away as I gave her a sideways look.

"I blame myself for this Monse, because it is in fact my fault entirely Alecia was doing what she could trying to save her family and friends, she didn't choose to get shot the bullet just hit her. That bullet was meant for me After that comment you disgust me Monse,"I said pissed I stood up as I went over to Oscar.

"I'm ready to do it tomorrow night, for real this time She didn't deserve this,"I said whispering as he nodded.

"No punking out this time Cesar, and you'll earn back your name when you get the job done,"He said before looking back at Alecia.

I'm ready to end this.

• H E L I X •

I sat in the hall just thinking, full of mixed emotions anger at Latrelle, and Cesar

I sat in the hall just thinking, full of mixed emotions anger at Latrelle, and Cesar. Sadness from losing Alecia Relationship wise and almost losing her life wise, anger at myself for being stupid enough to lose her for some status.

Fear of still having a chance of losing her and most of all guilt, I knew that Latrelle was going out to try and kill Cesar and I didn't try to call or warn Alecia.

Just then her mom came over and sat next to me.

"How you holding up Helix?,"She asked putting an arm around me side hugging me, she always felt like a mother to me.

"I–I'm all types of messed up about this,"I said truthfully as she rubbed my arm. "You know, I heard about what happened between you and Alecia a couple days before this,"She said looking at me.

"Mrs. Rodriguez I can assure you I had nothing to do with this, I'd never ever want to hurt Alecia like this no matter what,"I said putting it all out there to her. "I know Helix, I remember when you two first met the way you looked at her and the way she looked at you, you two were only 13 and 14 but I knew you to had a special relationship,"She said as I smiled remembering.

"All I'm saying is, when she wakes up make sure you keep her and the family protected I know she has Ezekiel, Manai and Her father but you can do more to keep her protected than anyone can. I'm counting on you Helix keep my family safe.,"She said as I nodded before she got up going over to Manai and Ezekiel.

I have to protect her like no other.