My mind is so strange

Why does my mind act like it does. WHY?

It acts like an idiot, but after I'm supposed to respond, it suddenly becomes a genius. yay.

anyway, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, on why we do things, how humans work. It's all so interesting, really. And it's funny, when I see someone walking, the first thing I think isn't there clothes, there looks, or anything like that.

The first thing I think is what's their story? What have they gone through? What can they teach me, and vice versa. That's what I think. That's my first thought about everyone.

I shelter myself too much. I try to protect myself from failure, from rejection, from pain...but it doesn't work like that. I'm supposed to feel pain in my life, I'm supposed to fail sometimes, I'm supposed to make mistakes. How else am I going to grow up if I don't? I'll stay too innocent and oblivious to everything if I keep doing that. I admire those who are older than me because they must have gone through so much...and to me, the ones that go through the most are the most brilliant, beautifully minded people in the world. Also the strongest. they might not feel that way, but to me, they are.

I need to stop letting fear and thoughts and whatever else control me and my life. It's ruining things for me, keeping my brain from being as smart as it is. That's why I think of everything after something happens. Because I'm too afraid in the moment of upsetting someone. Once it's over with, there's no fear because it's not happening in front of me. Then I'm the Riddler again. Then everything is back to normal. Then I'm back to my old self again. It's a little more complicated than that, but I'm not one to elaborate on these kind of things to total strangers. Besides, I don't have the time.

My mind works in strange ways...and I suppose everyone thinks differently. Which is why we can never truly understand someone...maybe we can, who knows? we don't. But we've got to at least try, right?

* * *

I'd type more, but I'm feeling kinda worn out tonight. I may add on to this later, if anyone wants me to.