Chapter One(Prologue)

^PART ONE^

"If above, so below

If within, so without."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I steadied my gaze towards my third in command. I could sense his fear and slight fury. I cleared my throat as I looked at him straight in the eye. He bowed his head removing his eyes from my intensifying glare.

"Blake." I called.

Blake came a few steps towards me past my third in command "Jake."

"You are my new third in command."

It was simple. An order simply to be followed and obeyed.

Jake's jaw clenched, as his eyes raked Blake's body. His fists were clenched to his sides as he tried to form how his life would be changed,but he deserved it anyway. A smirk formed on my lips as I watched his miserable view. I kept on going, "Jake, you are now a regular member in the pack."

Jake looked at me and tried to open his mouth but I stopped him. He was aching for words. I dismissed him swiftly with a hand gesture, my voice raising,

"Leave." I ordered.

Blake had a hint of a slight smile on his face. He was a strong wolf and he would make an excellent replacement.

"Don't you think you went a bit harsh on him?"

My beta Adam asked.

"That's music to my ears. Prepare Blake for his new position, I'm leaving."

I replied bluntly.

"Thank you Alpha for the position."

Blake said before I could leave.

"No mistakes. Or you'll end up like all of them."

I replied carefully, as I got upstairs to my bedroom. I knew that everyone could feel the intense authority I had. I opened the door to my basic bedroom- the sheets a color of blood and the curtains hanging looseely behind the golden base of the windows. The walls were a sleek shade of white that held a few portraits of intimidating wolves. I looked into the clear mirror resting on the base of my counter: cold black eyes carved into a hard olive-like shape; charcoal eyebrows and slightly tanned skin; steady lips that have never been kissed; the long silk black hair that fell silently reaching my waist; the features were so firm.

This was me.

A lot of my inner personality flooded to the outside, and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.

Jake had gotten up late and was 30 min-late from the meeting, so I just took away his title.

For some reason, it seemed harsh to everybody, as to me it was right and pleasant.

It was so pleasant to show them who's the leader, it was so pleasant being heartless and sucked from all the emotions. No mistakes were allowed.

I'm only nineteen. How I ended up as the Alpha/Luna of Dark Blood pack was no secret. Almost everyone knew it.

It was a cold crisp night. I was sixteen when it happened. I was sitting in my chair in my bedroom reading silently. However, there was something wrong. Something felt unstable. The rain was falling heavily and the wind was gushing; but that wasn't it. It happened when I heard the howl of a wolf: The howl of a rogue. My body stiffened as I stood up slowly from my seat. I soon found my parents beside me: the Alpha and the Luna. They were alert of everything and just stood by me. In inhuman speed, my dad, the Alpha was soon unleashed in the woods. The howls raised, and then came another and another. There were a lot of them. I still remember every different howl of each rogue. I can still make them ring in my ears. My mom leaned towards me and wrapped her arms tight around me. Soon, guards were flooding in my bedroom and pack fighters were scattered all around the territory. The rogues wanted the rogues. They wanted the ones locked up in our cell. They wanted the dangerous ones. It happened too fast. Fierce growls and loud howls and fury and anger settled in the new deadly mood. I remember it going on for hours. I remember that more rogues kept showing up and more blood was getting lost. I held on my mom for dear life. Suddenly, my mom tensed up and collapsed on the floor. She breathed heavily. The guards ran towards her and tried to help her. There was nothing that we could do though. I remember her whispering desperately in my ear, "Help, they're hurting him." My parents were mates and she could feel it when dad got hurt. She screamed and tried to make us let her leave. But I remembered dad's orders, "You can't let her come. You both have to be safe." I knew he was gone, when mom let out her unearthly scream and clutched on her stomach and disappeared in a pile of tears. I couldn't cry. I was too shocked for that. I was too miserable to cry. I was weak. I couldn't even have the ability to let out sobs. I was weak. Mom passed away a few hours later. Her wolf couldn't take it. All the Rogues were released from the pack prison. Most of the harm was for my parents. I was left with dad's beta and his third in command. There were survivors, not too much, but there were still some souls floating around me. I had no choice, my dad's last words echoed in the ears of his only child: myself, "I give away the title to you, do it for us." I had no choice. This is how it happened.

I held the title right from the age of sixteen. The power I felt couldn't be inscribed into words, but only felt by authoritative and strong leaders.

I may be heartless- as they say,

but I have the power, I have the strong pack.

I may not be like all the other alphas but I deserve the title, for other alphas are followed because of the love they give, while I'm followed because of the fear I transmit.

I may rule with steady and fluent influence but I made it, and you better not disobey me.

__________________________________________________________________________

It would be sincerely appreciated it if you voted.