Chapter Four

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us."

------------------------

I stared into the clearing in wait of the Beta of ‘Moon Hunters’. The Moon Hunters pack was one of the largest packs in the USA, but also the farthest from my pack. It should take them a while to get here. The reasons behind their visit were unknown that it sent alarming sensations in my stressed body.

 Adam was right behind me. We were standing in front of the pack house, waiting impatiently for such a sudden appearance. I could feel my adrenaline pumping for their actions were out of respect. They didn’t call at all, and suddenly they were stepping into my territory. However, what would make them travel all the way to my pack? My wolf was digging for answers; she was furious at the same time though, ready to burrow her claws into my unwelcomed guests.

I could feel the low rankers stiffen, which could only mean one thing. A high ranker was near us and they could feel his power. Silence settled and my ears tracked the movements of my guest towards us. A branch snapped, and I let out a growl. A tall man stepped into our view, sweat stained into his tanned skin, his eyebrows were furrowed and his brown locks were messed on his skin. I narrowed my eyes at him and he plastered his face with a smirk.

He took a few steps towards us, none of the pack members moved. I stopped his actions with a louder growl.

“Luna? You need to calm down. I only came to speak with the Alpha.” He said as his lips twitched to a smile. My feet were digging to the ground as I compressed my jaw and gazed at him, sending my silent threatening looks. He looked overwhelmed with the reaction and spoke again, “Listen, I come in peace, I came with no guards and no one. I’m the Beta of the Moon Hunters pack.”

My features didn’t change, except my eyes kept studying him. They were scrutinizing his every move. I breathed protectiveness stained with blood- his blood.

 He let out a sigh and asked calmly, “Where is the Alpha?”

Adam stepped forward, fists tightening, to answer him. I raised my hand and stopped him. I took a few steps towards the Beta, my smile widening and turning into a mocking smirk. I focused on my Alpha power, unleashing it in the atmosphere with every step I took. I looked him square right in the eye and gave him an intensifying glare. With that I let out my words bursting with supremacy, “I’m the Alpha.”

The Beta’s eyes widened in shock and involuntary moved backwards bowing his head. He shook his head multiple times and looked at me again, still shocked. “What do you mean you’re the Alpha?!”

“Can’t you feel the intensity in my voice? The natural power I transmit? I lead the pack.”

I crossed my arms over my chest, I sensed the pack members’ fear and concern and anxiety as they took in my words. I kept shutting Adam the hell up because I had to do this myself. The Beta of Moon Hunters looked like he could throw a fit right there, finally his mouth opened and he spoke again, his voice trembling, “Alpha Vivienne?”

“Yes.” I scoffed.

“You… You were Alpha Mark’s daughter. The only daughter…”

He trailed off while speaking, rubbing his forehead as he continued after a long exhale, “I’ve heard a lot about you.”