Chapter Three

"Every thought of yours is a real thing- a force."

----------------------

“Alpha Vivienne?”

Adam’s words cut through the air, making me stop in my place.

“What do you want?”

“I- I just wanted to ask. Did you get my text messages?”

I looked down at my phone recalling how it was buzzing in the morning. We were still in the meeting room, so I motioned for him to follow me outside.

“What about them?”

I snapped.

Adam started to rub the back of his neck nervously and said, “Nothing, it’s just you know, to go for a run.”

I unlocked my phone reading the text message:

“We should discuss some pack stuff. Furthermore, I was informed that you weren’t going for enough runs.”

I looked him straight in the eye and replied sternly, “Pack stuff?”

He nodded.

I huffed some air and replied, “In one hour, don’t dare be late.”

Adam slightly smiled and bowed.

I turned to walk away but stopped midway to emphasize something, “I can’t wait to discuss the pack business.”

With that I left, making sure everything would be practical and functional between us.

-        -     -    -      -    -

*Adam’s P.O.V.*

I waited for her rather patiently outside her mansion, balancing my weight on a solid rock. My eyes drifted to the mansion; where all the mightiness lived.The mansion looked creepy and a bit dull sending shivers down every viewer’s admiring eyes. The fountain in front of it rose with a sculpture of an intimidating strong wolf. She wasn’t like any girl. I blame that on fate. I wanted to try and persuade her to drop her barriers a bit. She has a very powerful wolf unlike any other. I knew her since we were little. But she wasn’t always like that. She got looked after by my father, the former Beta and my mother, after the attack, who were of the very few survivors. Ever since the title of Alpha was passed down to her, everything about her changed. Her wolf was always in charge, it was almost chilling.

“I don’t think Betas should be distracted.”

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw her. The strong female standing steadily with her arms crossed, a smirk forming on her lips. Her eyes piercing into mine. She looked playful, but not really, she was actually mocking me.

“I’m sorry Alpha.”

I said as I bent down.