Chapter Nineteen

"I'll haunt your pleasure, imprint my image in your eternality, my voice will echo through your soul, and you shall crave what you chose to lose- You shall crave me."

--------------------------

I moved to the side my insides squirming and my body tensed. The pain wasn’t horrible for I’ve got a bigger pain inside me. My eyes squinted and I tried to adjust to the light. Agustin’s green orbs stared into mine with sympathy and concern. I looked down at my arm, a piece of wet cloth was wrapped securely around it. It was torn from his shirt.

“Where does it hurt?” He asked with full apprehension.

“Here.” I replied weakly placing my hand on my heart. His eyes flashed with hurt and he removed his gaze from mine.

“Do you remember what happened?” I asked grasping his attention. His eyes trailed to mine and they examined my body as if to make sure nothing else was injured. I had a feeling he did that multiple times before and still felt an overwhelming urge to check. He parted his lips ready to speak and I couldn’t help but admire how it could feel if I could kiss them once more. As if feeling the sudden affection, he turned away and spoke, “You were screaming… It hurt. I couldn’t do anything. He was hurting you and me.”

“How did it stop?”

“You passed out. You stopped screaming and I could gather my senses then. You are a mere distraction to me Vivienne and my only distraction.”

His words triggered powerful emotions in me. “You couldn’t help me. You couldn’t protect me.”  I said.

His eyes met mine, “If I could, I would.”

I tried to sit up and I breathed heavily. He could help me sit, but it would ache. “Agustin, people who love each other don’t hurt one another. You can’t love me for you hurt me.”

“I love you.”

Time stopped when he used that word. He crashed all my thoughts and for a split second he created a mere want in me. For a moment I was pleading him and he was craving me. The effect he has on me always manages to set me off-guard.

Why am I staying with him anyway?

Because you love him.’ My wolf spoke for the first time in days. She spoke because he was here. I stood up still panting and feeling sore. I grabbed my bag from my side and stumbled as I tried to get going. “Where are you going?” He asked.

“I need to go to the next stop. I need to find them, for the pack.”

“And when is it ever for you?” I looked at his puzzled expression and I  gulped.

“I am doing this for me Agustin.” I said sternly.

“Then I’ll leave.”

“What?!” I replied instantly.

“If you were listening to yourself, you would have stayed with me.”

I paused for a sheer minute.

“You need to come with me.”

Agustin’s eyes bored to mine and he talked with a clenched jaw,  “Why Vivienne?”

My muscles felt weaker and I shook all together,  “Because… I need you, every damn second.”

His lips curved to a slight smile, but I continued talking, “However, we need to stop this. You will ruin me Agustin. I know it. You will turn my life into fragile hope. And you will ruin me.”

“I will love you. It is bound to hurt when you love.”

I shook my head in dismay. Too much is just too much. It had to stop.

“Let’s just going.”

His face remained emotionless and he just walked expressionlessly. He followed my lead as I stumbled on the road. We passed by large trees that escalated highly greedily stealing the sunrays. I turned around and the waterfall was no longer in view. I got caught in his stare. He looked at me beautifully and oh so lovingly. My cheeks turned crimson and I glanced away.

Focus Vivienne.’

I shuddered as the wind blew softly against my ears biting on the bare skin exposed by my ripped shirt. My shirt slowly rose showing a blue bruise on my stomach. Agustin’s pupils dilated and I quickly clutched my shirt and dragged it downwards. I walked faster ignoring his burning stare. If I look at him, I’ll lose. I’ll lose so sympathetically.

“Do you trust me?”

He suddenly asked.

I kept walking but my mind lingered on his words. Do I trust him?

Can you trust what would undeniably destruct you?

He is the only smashing device for the heartless Female Alpha in me.

I took a deep breath and answered, “I do, because everyone will lie. Everyone lies. Everyone says that they will never hurt you, the truth is everyone can and so everyone will. I’m sure that you’ll splinter me and you know that as well, you don’t lie about that, and so I trust you with every aching feeling in me.”

“Then let me do this.”

He stepped forward his eyes never leaving my shirt. His fingertips tempered my skin and he ran his hand over my bruise. I winced but he kept his hold. He created a circular pattern over the injured skin. I felt surprisingly calmer at his touch. He breathed in my ear and I felt myself flourish fully. His fingertips left me burning slightly as he moved away.

I didn’t know what he did, and I didn’t ask. I nodded simply and moved forward. My map brushed at my side and I felt a small smile tug on my lips. He’s really here. He’s really here.

I could see the sun shining impeccably in the tiny gaps between the trees. When will I howl again and run under its heavenly rays and feel its warmth on my fur. Oh how I missed my wolf.

I remembered that I have put an extra shirt in my backpack. “I need to change.” I told Agustin.

“Okay.” He said neutrally.

I found a darkened tall tree and slid behind it. I grabbed my grey shirt and took off my blue one urgently. I dared to look down at my stomach. It is gone. The bruise is gone. He healed me again.

I peered behind the tree and caught a glimpse  of him. He stood every so blissful. His chin slightly raised holding the vibrant green stem of a flower. Its petals sunk in a deep shade of rose and a slight hint of purple. He smiled softly as he looked at it and he muttered, “Vivienne.” The rose is for me.

How can someone so beautiful kill me?

---------------------------------

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

LOVE YOU!

The author,

-Lea