Chapter Two

"Little did I know at the time, out of my greatest despair was to come the greatest gift."

-----------------------

The alarm’s voice rang in my ears forcefully demanding my awakens. The striking rays of sunshine rose the room from the dull darkness. I shrugged as I pulled myself out of bed to get ready remembering that I had set up a meeting for the pack.

I sat on the edge of my bed, the matress sinking because of my weight. I sensed the cool counter next to me for the steelness of my phone. I mind-linked a few members and texted others to prepare for the meeting.

The coldness of the water pouring on my skin soothed the hotness of my skin. The bathroom was engulfed with the odor of my shampoo. It was faintly flavored with wooden scents and my body wash smelled like mint.

After refreshing, I slammed open the closet to look through my outfit choices. With my underwear on I only needed to wear my regular jeans and t-shirt. I usually accompanied that look with a leather jacket or a blazer. As I picked my basic white t-shirt and plain dark jeans, I noticed my pink summer dress. I admired it for a few moments until I picked it up as well. I threw the clothes on the bed and headed to the dresser.

I brushed the black mascara on my long lashes and put on dark lipstick. Predictably, I finished the ‘everyday-look’ with a layer of thick black eye-liner.

My phone suddenly buzzed on the counter beside me. I snatched it to look through my messages. There was a text message from my beta Adam.

‘I wanted to ask if you could possibly join for a run after the meeting…’

I ignored the text frustrated from his choices. I didn’t want to ‘go for a run’ with my Beta. I tossed the phone carelessly and moved on with my look.

I ran a brush in my hair swiftly and examined my nails. They needed a serious nail polish session. I opened the drawer where I kept all my nail polish. There were five bottles of dark black nail polish. I shrugged as I started applying some.

Then, my phone buzzed again.

I looked at it from the corner of my eyes.

It buzzed again.

I rolled my eyes as I worked on finishing my nails.

I budged from my place and walked into my outfits blowing my nails rapidly. I eyed up the pink dress again then shifted my gaze to the shirt and jeans. I picked the dress carefully and threw it on me. I stared at myself in the mirror trying to recognize my body in a dress. It was nothing that I was used to.

I pulled my scattered sandals below the bed and put them on.

I stared at my reflection one more time. It must have went on for too long. I got snapped out of it by a loud knock on the door.

I sneered as I said, “Come in.”

It was my co-assist standing by the door. She walked in looking shocked at my view. I looked down to realize I was still wearing the dress. I cleared my throat and then she removed her gaze away from me and muttered a “sorry.”

A co-assist is like my personal assistant and constant companion. She got me whatever I needed whenever I needed it. She helped me get ready and never left my side. I wanted my Beta and third-in-command to stay focused on the alpha duties, so I applied a co-assistant for my personal needs while they satisfied the ones of the pack.

“You look very pretty, Alpha.”

I nodded not quite flattered by her comment.

Katsie seemed to notice because she held the t-shirt and jeans that I chose earlier and passed them to me.