Chapter Seventeen

"Let's be what everyone failed to be; let's be alive."

-----------------------

I couldn't help the shivers that cut my skin. The merciless touch felt too overwhelming and painful that I guessed who it could be. "Vivienne." His raspy voice but yet so loving stopped my rebelling against his grip. It was him. I turned around to be mesmerized by his green eyes. I gasped at the scars incised in his flawless skin. My hand cupped his cheek tenderly and I brought myself to ask, "How did you find me?"

"We're mates." He replied calmly.

His features were dark as his forehead pressed against mine. I couldn't see him well, but I felt him enough. I could only think about loving him. His affectionate fingers ran on his mark against my feverish skin. I trembled at his touch and leaned against it. I could faintly hear a purring sound and I knew it was my wolf. 'I'm never leaving him again.'

I silently told her. "Don't leave me." I mumbled in his ear. He intertwined our fingers together and pushed me back, so that my back was against the rough tree trunk. He twisted the hem of my shirt and muttered huskily, "Never."

I whimpered and turned my head away. He took it as a chance to bury his face in the crook of my neck. He placed a feathery kiss on his mark making me gasp in satisfaction. The intimacy of the gesture made me stumble away, afraid of the powerful consequences of the bond. He seemed to notice as well, as he nodded his head in realization. His arm travelled to mine and reached my shoulders to grip the weight of the bag off me. He held it in his hands and looked at me longily, he looked so vulnerable but yet too strong. His lips parted as he kept gazing into my eyes, "I would have these little moments with you, than not have you at all." He paused as my eyes widened in adoration, "Regardless of this bond Vivienne."

My heartbeats struck wildly in my chest as he spoke. I nodded my head- too defenseless for words. He smiled, his tender smile and walked ahead of me. "The waterfall." I mumbled. "What?" He asked curiously. He didn't look me in the eye. We have had enough for now, if we touched or looked again it would ache. We both knew it. I looked at the ground as I kept on walking on the damp ground. "I found a map and it helps me reach my destination."

"Destination?" He asked, his interest growing more. "Yes... I need to find something, I need to find-"

He cut me off, "Vivienne... I know where you're going. I mind-linked a few people." He paused, breaking a dangling branch in the way, his muscles flexing admiringly. I shook my head and managed to look away from him. He continued, "Let's get lost."

"What?" I replied instantly. "You know... Let's forget all this and just get lost here." My throat dried dangerously at his words. He turned around, his eyes piercing into mine, "What do you want?" I felt lost in his eyes and his risky words.

'But I'm already lost when you're here.' I thought.

My mind jumbled and I misplaced everything at that very moment. The only feelings that remained were my feelings for him. This isn't right. He brought his rough arm to his chin, scratching the skin mixed with dirt and mud. He wasn't waiting for an answer, he wanted me to uncover the truth. He wanted me to confirm that he would be the only thing worth breathing for. He wanted me to show him how easily my Alpha title could shatter for him. He bit his busted lip and shifted away once again. What was that about? Was I able to speak my feelings in the absence of words?

We kept walking again, the tension arising. The invisible links of attraction binding us together, and our blind determination drifting us apart yet again. What is this cycle that I'm stuck in? The loss of his senses and touch when I can see him clearly is almost suffocating. He walked with all his glory inches from me, and I moved closer. I drew my hand slightly towards him touching his skin. I hissed in pain and moved away. My heart constricted at the empowering touch.

He sighed, the sigh of defeat. We could never be proper mates, ever. Our roles of showing love has ended for today, and we have to wait now until I can handle contacting him again. What is this love? I'm heaved to a person I can't properly love. But I'm heaved nevertheless.

I closed my eyes and dragged my empty soul between the dark vegetation of the forest. I closed my eyes as the tears salted my skin. "Don't cry." I heard his faint whispers. The tears rolled down betray fully at the sound of his tenderly addictive voice. Can't he understand that he can't heal? He can only wound and wound and wound.

Seeing him is a dominant clatter. Hearing him is a dreadful catastrophic. Touching him is a scorching ache. Loving him is poison ivy.

His firm hands captured my cheeks drawing me into him. I was captivated by his move. Uneasiness stirred in me and bile rose in my throat. Pain pounded in me, and I knew he felt it. His full lips brushed mine and molded into mine. The kiss was both of bursting attraction and merciless repulsion. But if kissing him was so raw and real and passionate, and it would kill me as well, then let me die as his lips move on mine.

Let him shatter me.

----------------------------------

KEEP ON SUPPORTING!

VOTE AND COMMENT.

VOTE AND COMMENT.

VOTE AND COMMENT.

THANK YOU.

Yours,

The author,

-Lea