ONE | NEW BEGINNINGS

( ONE | NEW BEGINNINGS )

a/n i know josefine has gorgeous blue eyes, but for the sake of this story we're going to pretend they're a green color

VENUS WAS RUSHING down the stairs of her mothers flat, she and her brother were both late for their arrival at Hogwarts. The train left in exactly a hour and a half and that's exactly how long it took to get to the platform from leaving the small muggle flat in the small town of Grays, England.

"Eirik! If you're not downstairs in 1 minute I'm leaving without you!" The older sister called up to her little brother. He was 14 going into his third year of Hogwarts, older than the rest of his classmates due to his birthday, whilst Venus was 16 going into her 6th year.

Venus was entering her 6th year with really only three true friends. An infamous pair of twins, Mary and Colin Leander, and the charming Remus Lupin.

Remus and Venus took liking to each other back in 2nd year when the two shared a distaste for Professor Kettleburn's constant tales on how he managed to lose yet another limb due to his recklessness. The duo had only grown closer to each other over the years, studying together, debating matters as simple as chocolate to as philosophical as time. They even visited each other during the summers. Remus Lupin was most likely Venus Grendahl's longest standing friend, not to jinx anything.

Of course, growing up together, there were bound to be some crushes here and there. Remus particularly admitted to having a crush on Venus before they had even become friends, and once they spoke the crush only enhanced. Remus's adorning crush eventually wore off during the beginning of their 5th year when over the summer Venus mentioned how a cute boy from the local coffee shop stole a kiss from her. Though, that was about as far as the her relationship with the coffee boy went, the two parted their own ways once the semester began.

As for Remus, he confessed his previous liking for the girl after the two were sharing a late night conversation. Let's just say that night was full of confessions. Venus hadn't minded Remus's crush on her, though, she couldn't say she noticed, because in all honesty Venus was completely oblivious when it came to boys.

Although Venus was closest with Remus, she had recently made two new friends in the previous year. Mary and Colin Leander, inseparable twins, if you were friends with Mary you were friends with Colin – they were a packaged deal. Not that Venus disliked either one, it was quite the opposite actually.

Mary Leander was what one would call blunt. She would easily get bored with long stories and demand they get to the point. Mary also wasn't one to talk much, mostly having her head stuck inside the pages of a large book. When she did speak, it was often to pass judgment or a sarcastic remark.

Mary was very selective with her friends, in fact, she only really had Colin as her friend before Venus, and even then he technically didn't count. Knowing this, Venus was surprised to say the least when Mary walked up to her during lunch and asked if she could sit with her. Venus, naturally, welcomed the girl and made space for her on the bench.