TEN | BOGGARTS

( TEN | BOGGARTS )

• • •

ON HER WAY to the Ravenclaw common room, where she hoped to find her friend, Venus had some time to think.

Thinking was never her strong suit. Because when Venus thought, she tended to overthink. And overthinking led to coming to bad conclusions.

Mary and Venus told each other everything, granted Mary didn't have the most exciting life so most things she confessed to the pale blonde were complaints of people or gossip she heard.

Every now and then Mary would talk about home life, she and Colin lived with their older cousin while their muggle parents worked in America. Mary's parents would visit their children when they could, but they couldn't afford to lose their jobs. America had higher wages than Wales, and Mary's parents had told her they wanted to save enough to give her and her brother a decent life when they become adults.

So, the fact Mary had single handedly left out that she and bloody Mulciber were involved hurt Venus more than anything. She thought their friendship, their trust for each other, was stronger than that.

Even so, the pale blonde girl couldn't see any reason why Mary would want to be with someone like Mulciber, or vice versa. It wasn't because Mary wasn't completely extraordinary, because she was, it's just Mulciber was a pureblood slytherin who believed in pureblood supremacy. He would never associate himself with muggleborns, hell, his father was one of Tom Riddles first followers. Everybody knew this, Mulciber made it clear he was a proud to follow in his fathers footsteps.

But interacting with a muggleborn would most likely get him disowned, or at least something on those lines. This much Venus knew. Consequently, she also knew Mulciber had to be up to something. She wasn't stupid, Venus read the newspapers, she knew more and more muggles were being killed everyday. Yet, what Mulciber wanted from Mary Leander, remained unknown to Venus.

Venus was biting her lip while walking down a darkened hallway, only lit up by the sunset in the windows nearby, when she bumped into a figure. Jumping out of her train of thought, she quickly looked up and opened her mouth to apologize, until she saw who it was.

"Severus." She breathed out, oddly relieved it was him and not someone else. She had been bumping into him a lot as of the lates.

Severus looked to her darkly, "Don't go to Hogsmeade with Cresswell."

Before Venus had the chance to question why Severus said that, or how he knew, the Slytherin boy had already rushed away. She frowned when his head automatically tilted down and his shoulders sagged as he saw another person roaming the corridor.

Venus was more confused than ever, and with the drama concerning Mary, she was overwhelmed. She didn't know what to think or what to say, the blonde girl felt as though she were missing too many puzzle pieces.