SIX | TREEHOUSE

( SIX - TREEHOUSE )

THE MARAUDERS had been friends since first year, and since then they told each other everything and spent most of their time together. Of course, they all had friends outside of the group, but none ever came to being as close to one as the four boys were to each other. That was until Venus came along. The boys knew of their furry friends crush on the blonde girl since Remus had developed it back in 1st year. And when Remus had actually became friends with her, the boys were excited for him.

But then Remus started hanging around Venus more and them less. At first they didn't mind so much, but it got to a point where Sirius had missed Remus so much he actually began talking in his sleep and chanting Remus's name. Eventually the three boy accepted that Remus had another best friend outside of them, although it took them 5 years to do. 5 years watching their best mate get closer and closer to the Norwegian beauty.

Now, in their 6th year, the boys decided it was time for a change.

"Why don't we invite Venus Grendahl to sit with us at supper." James suggested as the four of them were gathered around in a circle in the Gryffindor common room. It was well past 22:00, but the boys had discussed pranks before the conversation turned to Remus's friendship with Venus.

Remus shook his head, "Too big of a gesture to start out with. It would cause a lot of attention to shift to her if she were to sit at the Gryffindor table out of nowhere, and Venus doesn't like having too much attention on her."

Remus eventually agreed to the idea Sirius had come up with to get Venus to spend time with the four of them, that way she still got her Remus time, but they did too. It was a win win really.

"She's shy." Sirius concluded, and Remus nodded in confirmation.

James let out a sigh, "Well, what about breakfast?" He offered, knowing not as many people gathered for breakfast at the same time compared to dinner.

"That won't work either," Remus tsked, "She wakes up way before us."

Peter sat up straight, coming up with an idea, "What if she came to the common room and we had a study session," He suggested, "O-or something."

James's eyes widened and he looked to Remus, seeing what he thought. Remus tilted his head in contemplation, "You know, that's actually not a bad idea, Wormtail." Remus's admitted, "It's usually not too crowded here around lunch time, and it's a smaller space so she'd be comfortable."

"Wormtail, you're a genius!" James smiled widely and wrapped an arm around his friend, whom smiled sheepishly.

Sirius clapped his hands, "There you have it." He boomed, "We'll invite blondie over for a study sesh."