ELEVEN | QUARRELS

( ELEVEN | QUARRELS )

• • •

"GET OUT." Mary told Venus as the two stood in the empty dorm room.

Venus widened her eyes, "What?" She asked incredulously.

"I said, get out." The brunette demanded, this time more harshly.

The blonde girl scoffed, "This isn't just your dorm." She crossed her arms, infuriated by her friend's words.

Mary, usually level headed, took a few steps closer to Venus, "Get the fuck out, Venus!" She screamed, pushing the blonde girl out of the dorm room. "One day you're going to realize you can't control everything, and I pray to Merlin that day comes soon."

The sudden shove startled Venus and caused her to stumble out of the room, falling to her bottom when Mary slammed the door shut.

Venus laid propped up on her elbows for a few moments, flabbergasted. She couldn't believe her friends behavior.

This all started when she had confronted Mary about her relationship with Mulciber. From the start it had gotten off on a rocky path, Mary had become defensive and upset saying Venus had better 'mind her own business and stay out of Mary's'. Although Mary explained the two had been together in secret since mid-September, much to Venus's shock, and were 'entirely in love'.

"I just want to know why-"

"You shouldn't stick your nose into other people's business, Venus! Worry about yourself, I know you're good at it."

Venus expressed her worry and doubt of Mulciber's true intentions. When she mentioned his beliefs in pureblood and, no doubt, Voldemort, Mary snapped. She became angry and acrimonious, suddenly turning everything onto Venus, bringing up debacles from the past and using it against her.

"W-what are you even saying? Are you trying to tell me Mulciber is with me only to use me? Is that it?"

"No, no that's not-"

"That's rich coming from you, Grendahl."

"What-"

"You know, considering you only used Remus to gain popularity."

Venus gasped, "You're mad! Remus is my best friend, I would do anything for him."

"Including break his heart."

"Stop it."

"You know it's true."

"Shut up."

"You broke his heart and didn't even bat an eye. Talk about heartless. Your own best friend, and you just tore his heart into two. Did - did you even notice you were hurting him? A-are you that oblivious to people's feelings towards you? My own — you never — a-and now you want to break my heart, but just like Remus, you're having me do it all on my own." Mary's words began to come undone and scramble together as her words came out faster than her mind could process.