TWO | CHARMS

( TWO | CHARMS )

SWERVING THE WALL she nearly ran into, Venus rushed to the Charms class she was already late for.

The events of the morning had caused Venus to loose track of time, yet somehow her accomplice was able to arrive to class on time. Her and Remus thought it'd be a good idea to check out the kitchen during the breakfast time to see how everything worked. This ended with the elves teaching the two how to make blueberry pancakes.

Although, Venus had a particularly large cup of bitter black coffee, so her usual calm nature had been turned upside down and she was now jittering all over the place. When Remus and Venus started covering each other's robes in flour and the two eventually fell over from a fit of laughter the head elf had no other choice but than to kick them out of the kitchen as they were distracting the other elves.

Remus was able to quickly switch out his robes and avoid questioning from his three friends as they were already in class. Venus was not so lucky, her dorm had been locked due to someone's forgetfulness and she had to use Alohomora to get it unlocked. From there the blonde girl had difficulty finding a clean robe as she had left all sorts of clothes around the dorm, much to her roommates annoyance.

Now Venus's ungainly self was trying her best not to stumble over her own shoes. Unfortunately for her, there was another person in the large corridor when she turned around. The two collided heavily, causing Venus to drop all her books and fall on her arse. Her hands softened the rather harsh landing, though injuring themselves slightly in the process.

Venus cringed as she sat up and rung her hands out, trying to relieve the pain a little as she let out a small 'ow'. The Ravenclaw girl rose her blonde head to the person who was now crouched down beside her, gathering the books she had so carelessly dropped.

"Severus?"

Severus Snape tilted his head to look at her upon hearing his name, he quickly muttered a sorry then handed Venus her books. Venus's eyes were wide with embarrassment, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, I didn't mean to bump-" Severus cut Venus's ranting off.

"It's okay, I'm used to people not noticing me." He mumbled quietly, not looking Venus in her eyes.

After taking the books from Severus's hands, Venus and the boy stood up. Severus looked down and made his way to exit the scene, but before he could Venus gently put a hand on his arm, stopping him. The Slytherin boy flinched at the unexpected contact and didn't turn around.

"Thank you."

Severus tensed at her words, as if he hadn't expected her kindness. Venus let go of his arm and watched as he quickly scurried away. She let out a sigh then continued on her way back to her Charms class.

Venus successfully reached her Charms class only a few minutes late. She sincerely apologized to the Professor then took a seat in the only empty chair left which happened to be next to a Gryffindor boy, she recalled his name to be Edwardo Lavill or something on the lines of that. Both Mary and Colin were sat next to each other in the second row closest to the professor.

Unfortunately for Venus, she was sat in the second row closest to the door, meaning she would have to pay extra attention to make sure she heard everything Professor Flitwick had to say. Behind her sat the one and only James Potter and Sirius Black. The duo always tried to sit in the furthest seats in the room in hopes to not be called on and also allowed the freedom to talk amongst themselves. Only good thing to come out of her tardiness was Remus sitting only a few chairs away, along with Peter Pettigrew.

Though, Venus had struck a curiosity in Sirius. The boy leaned forward, and whispered into the blonde Ravenclaw's hair, "Since when did you and Snape become friends?"

Venus furrowed her fine brows, recognizing Sirius' voice but unsure why it was speaking to her or why he would assume she was friends with Severus. Perhaps he had seen the interaction the two had in the hall just previously.

Nevertheless, she hadn't a clue why Sirius would even bother with wanting to know. "Since when did you care?" She whispered back, Venus felt his warm presence back away and knew she wasn't going to get a reply. To this she mentally shrugged and leaned forward on the table, listening intently to Flitwick rant on about a syllabus.

• • •

Throughout the Charms class, Venus and the boy she was at next to, who she learned was Edward Patil, conversed quietly and Venus learned he was quite the goofball. Edward was slightly on the daft side, but his happy-go-lucky demeanor he put out made up for his lack of smarts.

"So, I bought the mask, right? And just as I'm about to scare my mates, it starts bloody pouring." Edward exclaimed, his voice gradually getting louder as he grew increasingly excited over his story.

The booming voice caused a few students to glance over at the pair and Flitwick as well. Venus blushed at the attention, but continued to listen to Edward, "But I wasn't going to give up that easily, no, not me. I made a run for it in front of 'em and scared the droubles out of 'em lads. Merlin, it was wicked." He breathed out, looking up as though he were remembering the whole scenario.

Venus rose her eyebrows, "You actually spent money on a Dementor mask?" Not exactly something she'd spend her money on, but different people had different tastes.

Edward nodded, "It was a bloody fortune, but totally worth it. To this day, I swear on Godric Gryffindor, Dirk Cresswell pissed himself." He wheezed, slapping his knee in laughter, "Poor lad claims it was the rain. I said, "Mate, last time I checked rain wasn't the color of Bertie Bott's Phlegm bean"."

Venus scrunched her nose at the mention of Phlegm, but let out a small laugh at Edwards's dramatic storytelling. She only turned her head when she heard someone scoff from behind her. Venus turned her body to the side, making eye contact with Sirius Black. With James jotting down notes to his side, Sirius pointed to Edward, whom had back turned to them, then cupped his hands around mouth and whispered, "Amateur."

Venus rose an eyebrow and Sirius took that as an invitation and leaned forward, "I could tell you stories far more entertaining than that geezer's attempt." His voice was deep and rough, Venus could definitely see why girls came tumbling at his feet.

But a thought struck Venus, was Sirius Black trying to impress her? Venus wondered. Too bad for Sirius, Venus wasn't interested in what he had to say. "I'm sure you could," She replied smoothly, "But what makes you think I'd listen?" Venus faced the front once again, leaving a perplexed Sirius to stare at her blonde head.

He didn't know what he had to do to gain her interest, but he was going to figure it out.

• • •

im not the best with pacing, so even though it's only chapter two, let me know if you think I should slow down or quicken the pace. this applies for the later chapters as well, if you think I'm moving to quickly please comment, I won't take offense.