Chapter 4

"I thought I was the only one who got lost looking at the stars like that."

I look to my side and I saw the one and only Alexander. 

I looked down at my almost empty glass and I smiled.

"It's the only way I can escape everything."

His face gave a concerned look, "What do you have to escape? From what I've heard you are living with the Schuylers."

"Well yes that is true...wait you remember who I am?"

He chuckled and sat down next to me.

"Of course, when I saw you in the ballroom I instantly remembered your eyes from years ago. After that day I never stopped thinking about how beautiful you were. But then I got loaded with work and I pushed a lot of things away. Then when I received the invitation from Herc I knew I recognized your name. So I had to come to see you again."

I turned a little so that I was facing him, "Are you serious? You came here just to see me?"

He nodded his head as he kept looking at the sky. I returned my gaze to the stars and it was silent. Then I thought of something.

"Alexander, what about Eliza. She looked helpless when she saw you." I paused for a moment. "Do you think you could see yourself with her?"

He looked away in thought, "Well at first I did think that we could potentially have something in the future, but then something changed my mind."

"What was it?"

He looked down at my eyes, "You. (Y/N) I know I haven't really gotten the chance to talk to you and get to know you, but I want to. You are a beautiful woman."

I could feel my face turning a bright red. I looked away and smiled to myself. When my blush started to fade a little we started to talk about our lives.

I learned that he was an orphan and immigrant who came here to make a name for himself. He was known for being Washington's right-hand man and helping him with battles in the war.

When he asked about my life I wanted to lie at first. I didn't want him to know that I was a girl from the future.

After a few seconds of thinking, I decided to tell him the truth. If he accepted my life then I would know that he was serious about getting to know me and be with me.

"Well don't find this weird."

"(Y/N) I've seen and heard a lot of weird things in my life. I'm sure your life is not-"

"Alex I'm from over two hundred years in the future."

He looked confused. Just like how Peggy was when I told her.

"Okay...I take that back. This is the weirdest and most interesting thing I've ever heard in my life. Please tell me more."

I smiled knowing that he was okay with the future thing. I explained everything that has happened to me. He was full of interest. I could tell that he had many questions about my old life. So I tried to explain as much as I could without telling him something that could change the future.

When I was finished telling my life story he kept asking questions. He was soon cut off by loud music coming from the ballroom.

I wanted to take him to the ballroom and dance with him but I couldn't let Eliza see us together. I didn't want her to be hurt by us dancing together. So I stood up from my spot and I held my hand out.

"What are you doing?"

I giggled and brought my hand closer to him, "Come on I want to see if you can dance."