Chapter 7

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Alexander Hamilton and (Y/N) (L/N) in holy matrimony."

Alex and I never broke our eye contact.

"Their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one."

Alex and I had all of our attention on each other as the priest said a prayer. After his prayer, he went into deeper detail about marriage, his words were quick and short. Then came the time to read our vows, Alexander wanted to go first.

"(Y/N), the first time I saw you, I thought 'who was this beautiful woman' and 'I hope I can call her mine one day.' When we started courting I knew that we would end up here. I've sent you letters upon letters so that we could fall deeper in love with each other. I've spent time writing to you and reading your letters and loving you every day. I look at us and think 'She is my legacy. She is my future.' The way you write and talk and dance never gets old. I know that you're probably in love with listening to this, but I think everyone should know how kind you are. I am in awe of your grace and confidence. Your ability to rise above your problems is superhuman. I woke up this morning thinking, 'God, I am one lucky man to have found you.' I love you more than life itself. During our marriage, I promise to always be there for you. I vow to be by your side and never let you down. I know that we will make a great life for ourselves. I love you, my dear."

I reached underneath my veil and I wiped the tears that fell from my eyes. His vows were so sweet and thoughtful. I hope that my vows can live up to that. I hope that he will be moved by my vows like I was with his. Everyone then looked at me and I started to say my vows that I memorized.

"Alexander when we first met in the city all those years ago I felt a spark when I looked into your eyes. I felt something I have never felt before. Now here I am marrying the man I met in the city. I take you to be my husband, my constant joy, my loving partner and my only love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our lives will become better than ever. I offer myself to be your wife in sickness and in health, in good times and in dark times as well as sadness. I promise to be there for you no matter what happens. You make me feel more helpless every day. I look forward to waking up next to you every morning and going to bed next to you every night. More importantly, I can't wait to start a family and start the rest of our lives together. The only thing I can say is, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now. I love you so much, Alexander."

I looked at his face and he looked like he was about to cry. He looked so touched by my words. I laughed and wiped away more tears. I looked out at the guests and some of them were crying as well.

"These two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together speak now or forever hold your peace."

Alexander and I looked out at the guests together and we prayed that no one would speak up to ruin this marriage. After a few seconds of silence, Alexander and I took a breath of relief and then returned our attention to each other.

The priest smiled and asked for the rings. John pulled out the rings from his pocket and he handed each of us our rings. We held the rings in our hands and I would be lying if I said I wasn't shaking a little.

The priest looked at Alexander and told him to repeat after him, "I Alexander give you (Y/N) this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you."

Alex slid the ring onto my finger, "I Alexander give you (Y/N) this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you."

He then grabbed my same hand and kissed my knuckles. The priest then looked over at my direction and told me to repeat after him, "I (Y/N) give you Alexander this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you."