Chapter 5

There he was, there was my Alexander.

He didn't wait a second to run towards me. When he reached me he picked me up by my waist and spun me around in the air. He then put me back on the ground and he stared into my eyes.

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly, "I missed you. I loved getting your letters but this is much better."

I smiled and pulled away, "I know. I loved every single one of your letters. I actually still have them all!"

He smiled at knowing the fact that I saved every letter he wrote me. We looked around and saw the men in blue coats spread out to be with their families. He then looked back down at me.

"Oh, I also brought someone along who Peggy might like."

He pointed over to a man who had curly dark hair that was in its normal low ponytail. He turned around and I noticed the freckles that Peggy had described one million times. There was her John Laurens.

He ran over to me and tackled me in a hug.

"H-hey John I missed you too."

I started to pat his back hinting that I needed to breathe. He let go of me and started to rub the back of his neck.

"Sorry, it's just without you introducing me to Peggy that one night I wouldn't have someone waiting for me after the war! I owe you big time."

I laughed and punched him in the shoulder, "Just stay alive for her okay. Continue on your legacy."

He laughed and said that he would do just that. He asked where the Schuyler mansion was and I gave him directions. I could see him trying to remember them but I think he would get lost on his way there. So I dragged him to a nearby carriage and I paid the man to drive him to the house to surprise the girls, mostly Peggy.

Once the carriage was gone I looked back up at Alexander. He smiled and held me close to him. His face seemed a little off today though. I couldn't pinpoint what it was. He seemed nervous, or excited, or scared about something, but I just didn't know what.

He broke me out of my thoughts by asking me to go on a walk in the park with him.

"Of course, let's go."

We walked hand-in-hand down the street to the park. Now that Eliza was getting over him I could slowly come out, to tell the truth about our relationship. We talked the whole way there. We knew everything about each other now, there were no secrets. If one of us had a problem, the other one knew about it. Our relationship was perfect. We thought it was perfect for only being together for a few weeks.

We finally reached the park and we walked until we found a good place to sit. We ended up sitting in front of a large oak tree that had plenty of shade. I sat back on the tree and relaxed. It's been a while since I've been this relaxed. Everything at the house was tense.

Eliza would cry sometimes and Angelica would get mad about the situation. She would sometimes say that she would hurt the girl who took his heart away from Eliza. I was now a little scared of Angelica. What would she do if she found out about me and him being together?

Alex looked deep in thought and I thought it was adorable. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he did the same to me. He brought me close to him and I leaned my head against his shoulder. Then I got an idea in my head.

"Alex do you have a knife on you?"

"I'm sorry what?"

"Just tell me do you have a small knife on you?

He pulled out a small knife and handed it to me. I took it in my hands and I got up from my spot. I then started to carve something into the oak tree behind us.