Chapter 25

Philip's POV

This was it, I graduated from Kings College!

I walked towards my family and they surrounded me in a group hug. I laughed as my dad started fake crying because I was 'all grown up'. Mother rolled her eyes and she hugged me again. She has been put through so much in her life, I don't know how she still continues to smile like nothing bad ever happened to her. I have the best mom in the world.

After the celebration, I decided that I was going to go out to town with some friends. My family walked back to their home and I walked into the city with my college friends. As we walked down the street I kept hearing bad things about my father and a man named George Eacker.

I finally stopped and asked a random man walking down the street about the rumors.

"Sir what is all of this talk about Alexander Hamilton?"

"Oh you didn't hear? Geroge Eacker ruined his legacy in front of a large crowd."

I was fuming with anger, "Thank you sir."

I've forgiven my father for the incident years ago and now I was going to stand up for his legacy. He worked too hard on it for it to be ruined again. I kept walking the streets trying to find Eacker until I was getting tired of looking. I spotted two young women standing on the corner and I decided to use my famous Hamilton charm.

"Ladies I'm looking for a Mr. George Eacker. He disparaged my father's legacy in front of a crowd. I can't have that I'm making my father proud." 

One of the women turned around and she looked me up and down, "I saw him just up Broadway a couple of blocks. He was going to see a play."

I looked down towards Broadway and then back to the women.

"Well I'll go visit his box."

The other woman held her hand over her heart and smiled at me, "God you're a fox."

I smiled at her and I got close to the both of them.

"And y'all look pretty good in your frocks. How about when I get back we all strip down to our socks."

They started to giggle like little girls and they nodded their heads. I quickly turned away and walked towards Broadway. I burst through the doors and I made my way to Eacker.

"George!"

I heard people shushing me.

"Goerge!"

George heard me and he stood from his seat.

"Shh I'm trying to watch a show."

I gritted my teeth and I looked up at him.

"You should've watched your mouth before you talked about my father though!"

He laughed and sat back in his seat.

"I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Your father's a scoundrel and so it seems are you."

I heard multiple people make noise in the audience. I was getting angrier by the second.

"It's like that?"

"Yea I don't fool around I'm not your little school boys."

I motioned towards the door.

"See you on the dueling ground. That is unless you wanna step outside and go now!"

He laughed at me, "I know where to find you, piss off. I'm watching the show now. Oh and someone will be in touch to make arrangements for the duel."