Chapter 8

We were about ten minutes into the carriage ride and I started to feel a little tired. I yawned and I fell asleep in Alex's arms.

After a while, I woke up and seen that we weren't near anything I knew by now.

"Are you tired?"

I look up at him and I noticed he was staring at me with so much love in his eyes.

"Yea a little but I'll be fine, now where are we going?"

He laughed a bit and pulled out a small piece of paper. He unfolded it to show a drawing of a fairly large house.

"I've had people build this house for us. This is where we are going to spend the rest of our lives. We should arrive in ten minutes."

I took the paper from his hands and I looked at the drawing. It looked like such a stunning house. I'm sure that the inside is better than the outside knowing Alexander.

"Alex this is amazing. I-I can't believe that you did this. I swear you are the best man alive!"

I then grabbed his face and I pulled him into a kiss. At first, the kiss was small but then it grew a little more intense. We parted for air and he looked at me with a flame in his eyes.

"Like I said we have a little over ten minutes before the carriage stops."

I bit my lip and we let the fabric in front of the small windows hide our actions. We sat back into our seat and Alex held my face. He brought me close and he smashed his lips onto mine.

I kissed him back and I was enjoying every moment with my husband. He then put his hands on my waist and hugged me tight.

The kiss grew passionate and he started to let his hands go up and down my sides. I felt him smirk in the middle of the kiss and we parted for air.

The carriage stopped sooner than expected and we broke away from the kiss. I sat back into my seat and the carriage driver came around and opened the door for the both of us.

Alexander stepped out first and then I followed. He held my hand and walked up to the front of the entrance. I stared at the property in awe. It was gorgeous.

"Alex this is beautiful but you still haven't told me where we are."

"Remember what I told you when we got engaged."

"Of course, you said that we'll get a little place in... oh my gosh we're in Harlem!"

"That's right I knew that you would like it here. Come on let's go inside."

Alex led the way inside of the house and my breath was taken away. It was so elegant inside. He gave me a tour of the house and I took in everything. The living room, the dining room, the kitchen, the bedrooms, everything.

I looked at the clock and it wasn't that late, it was around five o'clock. There was a knock at the door and Alex rushed to see who it was. I was still in my gown and I was getting a little uncomfortable, so I went to go get my clothes from the carriage.

Then before I could get my things I felt Alex spin me around and lead me to the living room.

"Alex, what are you doing now?"

He sat me down on the couch and then he sat next to me. I looked at the man sitting in front of us. He had art supplies around him and he looked ready to paint on the canvas sitting in front of him. I looked back over at Alexander and questioned him about what was going on.

"Well, I remembered in one of your letters that you said that you have always wanted your portrait painted. Well, I actually found this great artist and he is willing to do our wedding portrait."