Chapter 13

-New Years Eve-

The girls and I were sitting down in the living room. The girls were drinking a glass of wine for the special occasion, while I was drinking a glass of water. Alex and John went out to go get a few drinks before spending the rest of the night with us.

As we finished our drinks I looked over at the clock. It was almost ten o'clock and the guys still weren't home yet. They've been out for hours. I looked over at Peggy and I could sense her feeling uncomfortable with the situation. I put my hand on her shoulder and I mouthed, "It's okay, they'll be home soon."

She nodded her head and calmed down. About twenty-five minutes later the front door opened and two drunk men came stumbling inside the house. I went to the front door and I saw Alex and John on the floor laughing at each other. I look back up at the doorway and I saw Aaron Burr. I remember seeing him at my wedding and I heard about him around town. Apparently, his wife Theodosia was pregnant.

"Oh hello Mr. Burr, I'm guessing you found these two on the street."

He chuckled and nodded his head, "Yes I did. They were actually on their way here but I knew that you would want them to be safe so I helped them home."

I looked down at my drunk husband, "Well thank you so much Burr, I owe you one. Oh, and congratulations on your marriage and the new baby on the way."

He warmly smiled, "Thank you, and congratulations on your baby. If you ever need anything just write to me."

I flashed him a kind smile and shut the door as he walked away. I looked back down at the floor and saw my husband and future brother-in-law still giggling at each other. I bent forward and smiled.

"Alex how much did you drink?"

His eyes tried to meet mine but he couldn't keep his gaze forward.

"O-oh u-uh I had maybe ya know twelve-maybe fifteen shots, or more. I don't know anymore."

I rolled my eyes and looked over at John.

"Okay now John how much did you drink?"

He rolled around and did the same thing as Alex.

"Well I had um four pints of Sam Adams."

I facepalmed at their words and I called the girls into the entrance of the house for help. Peggy was the first to come into view. She looked down at her fiance and she laughed at him.

"See this is what you get for drinking."

He just laughed at her and tried standing up so he could hug her. Eliza and Angelica soon came to help us. Eliza wouldn't let me help because she said lifting my husband would be bad for the baby. I walked behind them as my sisters carried the drunk men into the living room. They laid them both down on the couch and they instantly fell asleep.

We all giggled at the sleeping men. We then looked at the clock and realized that we could let them sleep before welcoming in the new year. All of us sisters sat down again and just talked until it was around eleven-fifty. When there was only five minutes left until midnight we decided to wake up the boys.

Peggy and I pushed the boys off of the couch and that instantly woke them up. They sprung to their feet and looked at us like we were crazy. Alex looked at me and rubbed his head.

"What the heck was that for? I have a really bad headache and you pushing me on the floor did not help."

I pointed to the clock and he read the time and turned back to me.

"Oh okay. It's almost midnight."

Everyone gathered into the room and we watched the clock sitting on the mantel. We waited for the hands of the clock to reach midnight. Eliza and Angelica were in front of Peggy, Alex, John, and I. Alex held me by my waist and John did the same with Peggy.