Chapter 6

About a week has passed and things couldn't be better. Alex was with me all of the time and we were both planning our wedding. Our guest list composed of the sisters and some of the soldiers from the war. We wanted to keep it small, for money sake. We planned to get married here at the mansion so I could quickly pack my things and leave afterward. Of course, Eliza and Peggy said that they would be honored to have my wedding here. Angelica thought otherwise but she agreed anyway.

There was only a week until the wedding and the sisters were taking me out to go dress shopping. For once Angelica looked happy about my wedding.

We rode our carriage into town and the whole ride was spent talking about Alex and I. The carriage finally stopped in front of a very expensive dress shop. We walked in and I went over to look at some wedding dresses.

I grabbed a few that caught my attention and I went to try them on. I came out of the changing room to show each dress to the sisters. And with every dress, I tried on they had something to say about it. I agreed with them though because they were right. It was either too big or there was weird detailing, or something else that wasn't my style.

I had one last dress to try on and I hoped that it would be the one. I changed into the gown and I already loved it. It hugged my waist and the slight off-white color made it beautiful. The dress had long sleeves and it came down off of my shoulders. The skirt was full, but not too big. So I was able to still walk down the aisle without hitting anything. There was a slight train to the dress and that made it even better. It was simple but gorgeous, I was never a big fan of weird detail and lots of glam.

I walked out of the changing room and went towards the sisters. Peggy gasped and covered her mouth, Eliza teared up and smiled like crazy, Angelica smiled slightly. I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror, I was beautiful. The dress looked stunning on me. Peggy walked off to the side of the store and grabbed a long veil. She came back and put the veil on top of my head.

"You look beautiful!"

I giggled as Peggy hugged me until I couldn't breathe. "Peggy I need air."

She let go and I finally decided that this was the dress. When I went back into the changing room I changed back into my original dress I brought the dress out with me and then I proceeded to buy it. Now I had to find dresses for the girls to wear. I looked around the store and I found the perfect dresses for them.

The dress had sleeves that went to their elbows and there was a lace design on the end. The skirt was not very full, the neckline was not very low and there was also lace around the neckline. The color was what caught my eye. It was the same color as Alexander's war coat. I pulled out three dresses in their sizes and I handed one dress to each of them.

They changed into the dresses and then they stepped out so I could see them. They looked great in their dresses! Peggy spun around in her dress and grinned.

"This is so beautiful! I love it!"

Eliza and Angelica agreed with their younger sister. They then went back into the changing rooms and took off the dresses and purchased them.

We made our way back home and when I walked inside I took my dress and placed it in the back of my closet. A few hours later Alexander and I went to go find a baker to make our cake. It didn't take long because I knew a great bakery in town that would make the best cakes. We placed the order for our cake and then we walked home with my arm linked with his.

When we walked inside I found Peggy and John making our invitations.

"Peggy I said that you didn't need to do that!"