Chapter-1

Hii people! Some basic theme of this story is similar to Alia Bhatt's Raazi. I loved the movie. I request you to make covers for this book. I have done a terrible job in making the cover so pls pls help me out. Please mail me atleast one or two good covers related to the story by tomorrow. My email id is thegirlnextdoor7781gmail.com

Smriti's POV

" Yes sir." I said.

" Get me the list of all the encounters that took place in 2 years within 15 minutes." Sanjay sir instructed.

" Right away sir." I said and started towards my cubicle.

I handed over the list to sir within 15 minutes.

" Ms Sharma, you are going to Kashmir along with the search party. You will be searching for the terrorist, Yakim. Our sources have informed that he has taken shelter in some abondonded school building there. You will get your new identity for 5 days. Make sure that the civilians do not get to know about it. You leave tomorrow. Now dismissed." Mr Kumar instructed. He is the senior most officer of this branch.

" Sir." I said.

You see, the live of an agent revolves around taking orders and abiding by them. Here, life is very robotic, yet way too thrilling. Thank god that I have two best friends here with me or else I would not have survived here for 1 year.

They are Mansi and Lakshya.

Mansi is an agent like me and Lakshya is a computer hacker.

" You up for the Kashmir mission?" Lakshya asked, handing me coffee.

" Yes." I sighed.

" Where is Mansi?" He asked.

" She is on leave today. She has to leave for Singapore tomorrow." I told him.

He nodded.

" Smriti mam, Sanjay sir gave this." Tarun handed me a packet.

He is the office peon.

I opened the packet and saw an aadhar card with the name of Ms. Aliza Ahmed.

" I'm Aliza Ahmed for the next 5 days." I told Lakshya.

" Do whatever you have to, just take care of yourself and don't die." Lakshya said.

" I'm not dying so easily Lucky. Don't worry." I said.

The day passed in a blurr and now it was time to go home.

I rang the door bell.

" Thank god you are alive." Mom said sarcastically.

Actually it has become a routine, My mom thinks that I can die anytime with the job I do.

" MOM..... Ofcourse I am alive." I said.

" Where is papa?" I asked her.

" Office." She said.

I nodded.

Actually, My dad works in a financial institution, my mom is a neurologist and I am an agent in RAW. But you already know this.

" Now go and freshen up. I am getting snacks for you." She said.

" Mom, I have to leave for work tomorrow. I will be back in 5 days." I told her.

" Now where are you going?" She asked.

I just looked at her.

" Fine. Just stay alive and healthy." She said and sighed.

I nodded enthusiastically.