Chapter- 49

Smriti's POV-

The honeymoon in Athens was magical for me. The best relaxing phase I have had in a long long time and now it was time to go back to New York.

" Smriti, where are you zoned out?" Christian asked in the flight.

" Nowhere. Just thinking about how good Athens was." I replied, dreamily.

" We can come back whenever you want." He said.

I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

" You can go to sleep. It'll take us another hour to land." He chuckled.

" I love you." I muttered while letting sleep engulfing me.

" I love you too." He said, surprising me.

This was the first time he said those words to me and now I was wide awake.

Unable to utter words, I just looked at him wide eyed.

" What love?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

" Nothing." I replied, looking away.

" Yes Smriti, I love you and I am sorry that I never confessed it earlier." He said.

" You don't have to apologize. I love you too." I said and pecked his cheek.

" I see, still not bold enough." He said, capturing my lips with his.

We soon landed in NYC and were on our way to home.

" Mrs Grey, wake up. We're home." I heard my husband say while shaking me.

" Just two minutes." I said while grabbing the helm of his T-shirt to which he just chuckled. Then i guess he picked me up and carried me to our bedroom bedside that was the only way I could explain my presence on our bed.

" Finally up Mrs Grey, I see?" I heard that deep baritone which I could recognise anywhere anyhow.

" What time is it Christian?" I questioned.

" 9." He replied.

" No work?" I asked, getting up.

He nodded negatively.

" What do you want to have for breakfast?" I asked, attempting to get out of bed but he pulled me back in his arms.

" It has been taken care of. You don't have to worry." Mr. husband said.

" I'll turn lazy this way Mr. Grey." I taunted him.

" You do this on purpose. Don't you Smriti?" He asked, both annoyed and amused.

" This is not fair. You call me Mrs Grey ans that's okay but when I call you Mr. Grey, you get annoyed!" I exclaimed to which he just smirked.

" Now why are you smirking?" I asked, exasperated.

" Because an annoyed Smriti looks hot." He said, attempting to rile me up and he was successful. Heat rushed up to my cheeks. To hide this stupid blush of mine, I snugged into his shoulder.

" Tsk Tsk Mrs Grey, so so shy!!" He said, genuinely laughing.

" Don't laugh!" I exclaimed but all he did was disobey me.

" Now Mrs Grey, we are expected to attend a charity gala tonight for fundraising for the underprivileged. Be my date?" He asked.

" That'd be an absolute pleasure Mr. Grey." I replied as formally as he had asked.

He kissed the top of my head and about to get up when his phone rang.

His conversation went on for about 5 minutes.