Chapter- 18

Smriti's POV-

We landed in New York. I don't understand why did we go back to India in the first place.

Smriti's attire-

" Smriti, you and Sunaina are in living in an apartment south to Central Park in Manhattan

" Smriti, you and Sunaina are in living in an apartment south to Central Park in Manhattan. " Rajat said.

We nodded.

Mansi and Lakshya were assigned The Bronx while Chaitra, Fahim and Rajat were in Brooklyn.

" Any problem, assemble in Mansi's and Lakshya's apartment. They are the most protected ones." Fahim said.

" Always stay connected through Bluetooth. " Lakshya said.

Sanjay sir was calling on my cell phone.

" Sir, we have landed." I said as soon as I took his call.

" Okay Ms Sharma. For now, you all can go to your apartments and rest. Further information will be intimated to you all by tomorrow morning." Sir said.

" Okay sir." I said.

" Make sure that no one gets to know who you are. Jai Hind." He said.

" Jai Hind." I replied and he hung up.

" Guys, we are not supposed to take any action until tomorrow morning. Sanjay sir will call us and then tell what to do. For now, we are free to go to our apartments." I said.

" Let's go then. I am jet lagged." Chaitra said.

" Take a cab." Fahim said.

We all nodded at each other and bid bye.

" Sunaina, you have the keys to the apartment right?" I asked.

" Yes. Now let's get a cab, everyone has already left." She said.

We hired a cab and started for the apartment.

And this is exactly ladies and gentlemen, where my bad luck kicked in.

" Smriti, bend down. I see your sister in law along with your husband in the car right next to us." She said.

I panicked.!!!!

I immediately ducked my head down. The driver eyed us suspiciously from the rear view mirror.

" Were you sleeping when god was gracing everyone with good luck?" Sunaina asked.

" I feel the same damn thing." I said.

She rolled her eyes.

" Why the hell are they following us?" I said.

" Smriti, for you kind information, this road is not owned by uncle. It is for public use." Sunaina said.

" Whatever." I muttered.