Chapter- 40

Hello readers! I know that I had promised to update this chapter with more of Smriti and Christian scenes but I had to dedicate this upcoming plot to the 26/11 survivors and martyrs who had lost their lives to protect us. They fought till the very end for all of us and most importantly, for India. They protected us with their lives. Unfortunately, I am not capable of doing anything for them except for respecting my country and dedicating this book to them. This is for all of them out there who faced, combatted and survived the 26/11 attacks and to those who left us indebted to them by saving us.

***************************************************************************************

Smriti's POV-

As Mia informed me about the arrival of Christian's ex, I couldn't help but feel an unusual empty pit in my stomach, like something has been put off. I soon was successful in getting rid of the henna and came out of the washroom.

" Let's go and teach her a lesson." Mia said.

" I wish I could Mia, but remember, I'm not allowed to leave this room till tomorrow afternoon." I reminded her.

She sighed. Then I saw her expressions change immediately and anyone could decipher the evil glint in her eyes.

" Okay, I know that you cannot come down, but that doesn't mean that b*tch cannot come up. Just wait and watch." She said smirkingly and left the room.

" But what the hell is Christian's ex doing here anyways?" I muttered to myself.

It was about time that I heard some serious shouting going on. Hell, I could make out that Mia was literally cursing Sofia or whatever her name was.

" You 20 pounds make up cake face b*tch, get out of here or you will suffer!" I heard Mia shout.

I rolled down the floor, laughing. God, this is going to get better.

" Oh my god! I am so not sorry for spilling this coffee in you, which I might add, was a genuinely deliberate action." Mia squeaked again.

I am dying, laughing.

" Oh! Now the b*tch wants my clothes. I am not sorry but I am not letting filth touch my Gucci." Mia shouted.

" Enough! How dare you Mia" I heard a voice, Sofia's.

" No one gets to talk to my family like that Sofia. Now either you get out by yourself or I'll have Taylor do it." I heard Christian booming up.

There was absolute silence for some good 2 minutes before mumma spoke up.

" Son, she is our guest and it is our responsibility to make her feel welcome. Here in India, guests are considered as incarnations of god." She said.

" Mrs Sharma, this woman here, is nothing but a nonsense." Mia sighed dramatically.

" Mia darling, it's just a matter of tonight. Tomorrow is the wedding." Grandma said.

I could imagine Mia nodding her head positively, having an irritated expression on her face.

I could near hear the rest of the conversation, so I assumed that it had calmed. Peace out, But I was way too wrong here.

Mia had barged into my room demanding for the nail enamel remover.

" But Mia, I don't see any nail paint on, on you." I remarked.

" Smriti, it tastes yuck. Specially in coffee." She said, smirking.

She is going to be the death of me.

" Fine, here you go but no one can know about my involvement in your idea." I instructed, handing over the bottle to her.