Chapter-17

Smriti's POV-

" Mumma, I will be leaving for New York tomorrow for work. I don't know when I will return back. Also, you have to make sure that you do not leak this information to anyone. No one should know about my whereabouts. If anyone asks, tell them that I am out of town for work." I told her.

" But we can inform the Grey's right?" Mumma asked.

" No mumma, when I joined RAW, I had signed a contract that no one should know about my work except for my family. Since they are not exactly my family right now, we cannot tell them about it. I have already informed papa about it and he has promised to not tell anyone." I said.

Mumma sighed.

" Fine. But make sure to call whenever possible. And Smriti, if you don't call at least once in a day, I will come there and slap you. If in am unable to take the call during my work in operation room, you will call papa and send me a message." She said.

I nodded.

" Who gave you this neck piece?" Mumma asked.

I looked at the pendant.

" Mr Grey. I protested but he did not listen." I added.

" Why exactly did you say no to him? Smriti, he is your soon to be husband. If he wants to give you something, you should take it without any drama." Mumma said.

" Mumma, it is really expensive." I said.

She rolled her eyes and left my room.

Then I called Mansi.

" Packing done?" I asked.

" On it." She said.

" You?" She questioned.

" Starting." I said.

" We will have to go to the headquarters again at 7." She said.

" Fine. I will pick you up." I told her.

" Okay." She said.

" Smriti, the priest has taken out th wedding date. It is next month, on the 12th." Mansi said casually.

" What! Then we will have to apply for leave to come back to India for all your functions. I will have to talk to Lakshya regarding the same. I have to arrange your wedding clothes too. A deep pink lehenga for you and a creamish sherwani for Lakshya." I said excitedly.

" Calm down Smriti, first focus on your packing and how you will avoid the Grey's there." Mansi said.

" Coming to think about it, New York is really a huge city Mansi, the probability of coming face to face with the Grey's is really low." I said.

" Smriti, seeing the luck you possess, I can very confidently say that you will meet your soon to be husband within a week of our arrival in New York and when he will ask you about what you are doing there, you will vomit out the whole truth without thinking." She said.

" As much as I hate to say this, but you are right. Sometimes I really feel like smacking myself for speaking without thinking." I said.

" So even if you encounter the Grey's there, say that you are there for some days for Indian Embassy work." She said.

" Great idea." I told her and then we hung up.

By the time it was 6, I was done with my packing.

I then went to the living room to watch TV. Mumma and papa were not at home.

By the time it was 6:30, I went to my room, got ready and started for the headquarters.