Chapter-13

Smriti's POV-

The next day everyone except me were leaving for New York.

" Smriti, take care of yourself and if you feel afraid of living alone, go to Mansi's place." Papa said.

Here comes the overprotective dad!

" And eat on time." Mumma said.

" Okay papa, mumma. Now come, I'll drop you to the airport." I said.

" No need. It is 10 in the night. You stay at home and sleep. I will book a cab." Papa said.

" I cannot do that. I have to go to the headquarters. I have work.

" At 10? Now what work is there?" Mumma exclaimed.

I just smiled and took the car keys.

" You are your work confidentiality!" Mumma sighed.

" Just don't die." Mumma added.

" I will not." I said and chuckled.

Papa drove to the airport. They all were travelling in Mr Grey's private jet.

I really don't understand what is the need to buy a plane when you can very well use the ones which are run by the airlines? God knows what goes on inside the minds of these filthy rich people. They should use their money in welfare rather than all this.

We reached the airport within 50 minutes where the Grey's were already present at the departures.

" Smriti, I just realized that we have not exchanged our phones numbers. Let's do that." Mia said, as soon as she saw me.

" Sure Mia. It is 990......." I said.

She called me and I saved her number too.

I touched grandma's feet.

" Long live child." She blessed.

" Have a good journey." I said to everyone.

" That we will, but you take care. I am really scared in leaving you alone here." Mumma said.

" Mumma, I am not a kid. I can live alone and stop embarrassing me." I said.

" Nonsense! There is nothing to be embarrassed about. She is your mother and is bound to be worried." Grace, Mr Grey's mother said.

" Let's get going." Mr Grey announced.

Everyone nodded.

" I will be waiting Ms Sharma." Mr Grey whispered in my ears before leaving. No one noticed it.

I blushed.

Mia hugged me and then everyone vanished inside.

I started for the headquarters where we will be given details about the Iraq mission.

I reached there and saw Mansi was already present. We took our seats. The meeting lasted for about an hour and a half.

" You all can leave now. But I want you here tomorrow sharp at 9." Sanjay sir said.

" Mansi, no one is at home today." I said and smiled slyly.

" That means partyyyy!" She shouted.

Lakshya, Rajat, Fahim, Sunaina, Chaitra, Mansi and I went to my home.

" It's party time!" Rajat shouted and I started the music.

We were dancing our asses off.

The only mistake I committed was to upload our photos on Snapchat and Instagram.