Chapter-7

Smriti's POV-

" Smriti, today what you have done is done, but tomorrow, I want you on your best behaviour. We are going out for dinner with them." Mumma ordered.

" Mumma, you are behaving as if they have come for my inspection." I said frustatedly.

" Smriti, Christian is your potential future husband, so I repeat again, BEHAVE PROPERLY." Mumma said.

Wait, WHAT THE HELL??

" Mumma, you should not joke like this, what if I get a heart attack?" I asked her.

" Does it look like I'm joking Smriti?" She asked.

" No." I said.

" Good." She replied.

" But mumma, I told you that I will not get married before the age of 30 right?" I asked her.

" But I never agreed to it." She said.

" Mumma! I am currently making my career. Also, they are not Indians. What if they like me and you ask me to get married and settle abroad? My career will die.!" I exclaimed.

" Smriti, you are capable of working anywhere with the qualifications you have. Also, if Christian and you are meant to be, no one can do anything." Mumma said.

" What makes you think that I will go with you for dinner at the hotel they are staying in?" I asked her angrily.

" Young lady, this is not how you talk to your mother." Papa said.

" And this is not how you force your daughter against her wish." I fired back.

" We know what is good for you and what is not. You don't have as much experience as we do." Mumma said.

" I will not come with you." I said.

" Darling, you will." Mumma said.

" Try me." I spit back.

" Ms Smriti Sharma, if you don't come with us, then I'm grounding you for the next week. Deal with your boss about it." Mumma said. I could not believe my ears.

" Mom, I'm 25 and not 15 that you are blackmailing to ground me. It will not work now." I said.

" Be it 15 or 25, you are still my daughter and I'm still your mother and you will have to obey me, either you like it or not." She said with authority. I know that this is her final verdict.

" Wait, I'll get ready and come down in 15 minutes." I said and sighed.

Papa was smirking at my misery. I rolled my eyes at him.

I wore the worst dress that I owned and came downstairs.

" If you think that I will leave you here after seeing your dress, it's not happening. Now come and sit in the car." Mumma said.

UHHH!!

Smriti's Attire-