One

perfect (adj.): having all requirements, elements, or characteristics desirable ; as good as it is possible to be.

Every group of friends has their stereotypes. As much as they are all different, each is required to keep balance throughout the group. For us, there were 9 key components of friendship.

Rosealine was our aesthetic, free-spirited and sarcastic. Your typical tumblr idol.

Tobias was the realist; loving, emotional and mysterious.

Reilly, who was often referred to as 'Rain' was the renegade motorcycle chick, rebellious and ruthless as they come. But you could always depend on Rain, she was true to her word no matter what.

Then our precious Liana, dramatic and as tiny as she was, Liana was awkward and reliable. No less a genius and a little lazy.

Harley who we taunt with the nickname of 'Quinn' was your artist. Colorful, cultured, irresponsible, quirky and sly.

Hunter, however, he was a bit rough around the edges. Hunter had his darkness which he covered with humour and passion. Your favorite student athlete, he didn't like to show off his intellect, he thought it was humble.

Parker was your typical jock, except...without the sports. Letterman jacket and all, he remained a skinny tall high schooler with a reputation of the show stopper. We'd always make fun of him for the new girlfriends he'd have every few months. Yet even with all the annoying episodes that came with him, we all loved Parker with every nerve in our bodies.

Then there was Tristen, I raised my ice cream cone to toast to my friends as they joined simultaneously. "To an ex lover," I sadly smiled noticing the glimmer in Rosealine's eyes.

"A best friend,"

"A great drinking buddy,"

"And a model among monsters," I saluted to the group in front of me.
"To Tristen!" Parker toasted before exhaling another cannabis stained breath.

"To Tristen." The 8 of us sat around a large table. We spent the evening laughing and yelling and carrying on as all teenagers do. "Let's make this official." Hunter coughed as Parker blew yet another foggy breath into his face. "What?" I looked up finally taking a break from my ice cream.

"Why don't we go hit up your old friend Alejandro, Allison?" Hunter smirked in my direction. Alejandro was an old flame, but not an ex. He was a one...maybe ten time rebound boy toy of sorts. Obviously the entire friend group knew who he was because if there's one lesson I learned from Liana. Never. Ever. Tell anyone, something you don't want everyone to 'suspect'. "We're not even allowed to get any tattoos." I continued indulging into the sweet frozen treat.

"I don't think he'll complain as long as he can get a glimpse of your skin." Toby chuckled finally joining the conversation. I shook my head as I felt the familiar heat rise to my ears.

"Ooooohh." Rosealine and Rain both teased on either side of me. "Fuck it why not." I got up throwing the remainder of my cone in the trash. "That's my girl." Hunter cheered running up to my side and nudging me into the chairs and table.

We walked in an eerie silence to Alejandro's shop where he eagerly watched me waltz through the doorway.

"If it isn't-" he started.

"Save it hot shot. Group deals?" I shut him up causing his face to fall quickly. "...damn, you can tell what they're like in bed," Parker snickered behind me.

"Ew shut upppp." Quinn gagged on the thought of my sex life. "Yeah where do you want them?" He sat me down.

"Show him the goods." Parker howled. Toby read the annoyance across my face, being one of the three people in our friend group who had learned the real truth of my miserable love life. He stepped up to my side and played the hero.

"Shut up parker, nobody's showing anybody any goods as long as I'm here." He winked at me snaking an arm around my waist. "I love you." I whispered. He let out a short chuckle." I know."

"So what's it gonna be?" Alejandro gritted his teeth as he spoke eyeballing Toby.

"Harley," I motioned her over.

"Quinn," Toby corrected. Rolling her eyes, she pulled out the wood-crafted symbol she had made. It was stole yet meaningful to our group. Ever since the group had gotten together we had spent our darkest and lightest moments outside of the same Dairy Queen on Creeksides Beach. And today marked the value of it all. But Tristen was one of ours, throughout it all he still had a seat with us at the same table surrounding that one ashtray. But now our 9 has turned to 8 and our shapes decreased in size, yet hold much greater value. The AshTray Gang has never been stronger and this was it, the official celebration. After being poked and bored for about two hours we all finally made it through the slight pain. Looking down each and every one of us had an octagon imprinted on our arms with the Roman numeral nine in the center. 8 for each member here, 9 for the original members.

"I love you guys," I smiled from cheek to cheek. Rosealine came up and embraced me in a tight hug. "We love you too."