Six

[~Reilly (Rain)~]

I felt my arms and legs beginning to tremble making me chatter. My ribs were cracked, but nothing too deathly, I had just been released, I was only ten minutes away from my parents place on the beach when some idiot zoomed across the street in front of me. My bike went skidding into the sand forming a sandstorm appearance as the young lifeguard went flying into the air off of his skateboard. My body ached with tremendous pain but I managed to muster up the strength to crawl over to the limp groaning body. "Are you okay?" I croaked.

"So,Rome Call 911!" I yelled out hoping for some assistance. Minutes later sirens arrived hurling him onto a stretcher and into the back of an ambulance. I was forced to tag along due to the fact that I was responsible for causing the tragedy and that I had minor injuries. I called Liana knowing she wouldn't be too busy, plus I was closest with her.

Hours later I'm here, in a dense hospital too, sitting beside some stranger while my release forms are being processed. "Reilly, your parents have been informed and are on their way to bring you home." A sweet nurse softly knocked on the door smiling down at me. I nodded and returned my focus to the banged up teen before me. His curly beach hair rested motionlessly atop of his head, his toffee, dark caramel skin flowed under the luminous fixtures above us. His chiseled nose was infiltrated with an oxygen tube which ran smoothly down his washboards abs and strong chest. His arms remained scathed and dry with IV fluids dripping through his prominent veins.

"Rain!" A familiar trail of footsteps approached the door way. I struggled to stand as my doctor cut them off. "I'm sorry kids, this patient is family company only until further notice." He barricaded the door.

"It's okay Doc, they're here for me." I left the mysterious victim alone. "Jesus Rain you scared the shit out of us." Liana and Parker reached for a hug. I paused informing them of my 4 fractured ribs. "Thank god you were wearing your helmet." Rosealine kissed my forehead. I nodded shooting them a slight smile. I peered over to the lone wolf's hospital room, hoping he would wake. My nerves and guilt ate at me, I knew it was the painkillers kicking in because normally I wouldn't care or think twice for anyone, unless I loved them.

"Who's that?" Toby followed my eyes.

"The kid I hit..."

"You did what?! A kid?!" Allison yelled.

"Shhhh, he's around our age maybe a little older." I muttered pushing the guilt out of my head, or at least trying.

"Allison?" A young man in a police windbreaker jogged towards us. Everyone but Rose and Hunter watched as he slowed to a stop uncomfortably. "Is everyone okay?" He huffed trying to compose himself. She nodded looking at the floor. "Ahhhh I see." I laughed, which I instantly regretted while clutching my ribs to stabilise the soreness. "You must be Lucas." Toby reached out his arm.

"Pleasure to meet you all." He shook Tobias' hand and glanced at everyone. "Should I file my report with you?" I started looking at the familiar face. "Wait a moment..." liana interrupted. "Yes Liana he's the one that questioned all of us." I glared at her. "That I am. And no, apologies I specialise in homicides and forensics." He proudly grinned. "Nice! Doesn't that mean you know Hunter's Dad?" Liana added. He nodded glancing over at Hunter who sleepily entertained himself watching the busy workers around him.

"I hate these places." Rosealine muttered under her breath so only I heard her. "I know," I wrapped my arms around her. "Reilly! Are you okay honey? Oh no, what happened should we call the lawyer?" My Mom and Dad came rushing down the ghostly corridor. "I'm fine. Just a few cracked ribs and scrapes and bruises." I leaned into their embrace. "And a broken arm." Parker added.