Twenty-Six

[~Lucas~]

I swiftly slammed my car into park at the massive hospital after my final briefing for the Carrington Case. Tobias was finally placed in the juveniles correctional facility facing minor charges of premeditated first degree murder charges. My job here was complete, until my next unfortunate project rolls around. I smiled at the beautiful girl strumming along to Tony's instructions at the bedside. His wounds were healing nicely, however we still had to wait a few weeks to treat his cancer. "But I cant help falling in love with you." She smiled looking up at me as I placed the hot coffee down beside her.

"You learn pretty quickly." I beamed at her improved skills. "Only because I had a great teacher." She poked Tony's thigh gently as if she'd break him. "Nice view." I looked through the window of his larger and brighter room. "Yeah, no longer a patient of the ICU. Finally. That place gave me nightmares." He shivered. I smiled at his positive outlook. "Can we have a moment?" I leaned down to Allison's ear. She nodded and I kissed her cheek as she headed out of the room. I wanted Tony's opinion on a burning question I had been meaning to get is advice on.

[~Rosealine~]

"Rosie!" Niko's little sister stood inches from my face smiling down at me. "Annie, leave her alone. First that bitch can't let his own girl sleep in his bed now your waking her up." Rian picked her up letting her slender limbs dangle over his shoulder.

"You know I could've take the couch, my bed is pretty cozy." Andre suggested peeking through the living room curtains behind me. "It's fine, I moved out here because I was supposed to be down at the hospital twenty minutes ago, I sat up groaning as I dropped my phone in my bag. "But why?" Niko jumped into the couch beside me, unfortunately he was a morning person.

I scrunched up my face sliding on my glasses easing away from him, only to be pulled back down into the couch again. "Guess what today is..." he smiled down at me pulling me into his chest. "Saturday." I sighed. "No...yes. But it's Annie's birthday so you can't go." He grinned overly excited. "But..."I checked the time on my phone.

"Andre can go pick up Alli. Plus Annie wants you to pick out her outfit." He innocently pouted. "What about Mrs.Davila?"I asked suggesting her presence. "I told you honey, call me Juliana. And Nourdine and I are going shopping for decorations and so on." She smiled running down the stairs with her freshly done jet black hair flowing behind her. "Okay." I gave in putting all my trust into the grown woman's modern sense of style. "Perfect, I'll get started on the cake." He bounced up. Rian, Andre and I exchanged severely confused looks. "Since when did you bake let alone bake toro?" Rian barked.

"Allison and Lucas are pretty good chefs, you could learn a few things. Maybe you'd finally find a girl." he poked his head out winking at his brother earning a huff in response.

"CreekSide Memorial?" Andre slipped on his shoes stepping out the door, I nodded and lazily slumped towards the girls room. "Oh boy..." I opened the door to find dresses, kids makeup, ribbons, headbands and shoes scattered along the floor and bed. The dog contently chomped on one of the little girls heels. My OCD kicked into gear as I smiled at the little angel and hastily picking up after her.

[~Allison~]

"Lava cake?" Lucien's voice quivered as I sat in the row behind him facing the waiting room TV. "Andre?" I raised an eyebrow in concern as the man towered over Lucien's shorter body. He was twice the size of Lucien, intimidating him ferociously. "Rosealine asked me to pick you up." He stated firmly, eyeing the party animal behind me. "Is everything okay?" I asked stepping closer. "Is this her boyfriend?" Lucien whispered in my ear, his breath tickled my neck making me cringe. I asked him to tell the two other boys goodbye as I followed Andre outside.