Twenty-Eight

[~Allison~]
One year later
Music—Dancing in The Sky by Dani and Lizzy

I couldn't help but notice the four guys that sat numbly in the pews below me. My voice broke and tears streamed down my burning cheeks as I belted out the lyrics and strummed along to the song Tony had prepared me for. With a standing ovation I made my way back into the pews behind the Feroux family and sat next to Rosealine and Niko. It's been a year since Rose went off to college, senior year felt like time traveling without her. Everything happened so quickly I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash.

The sheriff led 8 others out into a coach which would carry Tony's dressed body to the gravesite. "He would've been really proud of that one." Lucien hugged me tightly whispering in my ear. I nodded forcing him a sad smile. I kissed his cheek delicately placing my freshly manicured nails on his chest. "He would've been proud of you, soon to be Dr.Feroux." I sent him off with rose-red lip prints on his cheek.

"I'll meet you guys over there. I'm going to talk to Lucas." I hugged both Mikeal and Tyler in grief.

Rose had accompanied Niko in a limo waiting for me to join them. "You're Dad and brothers are waiting for you." I slipped my smaller hand into Lucas's as he examined the portrait of Tony displayed in front of the doors. "It doesn't feel real." He sniffled wiping away some snot on his black sleeve.

"It never will. But make use of his memories, he'll always be with you." I placed a finger on his chest highlighting the military dog tag necklace under his button down shirt. Tony made sure to leave behind a gift for everyone that meant something to him, Lucas a goodbye note engraved into his now most treasured necklace. Me a guitar pick sterling silver necklace with the words "strum out your heartstrings." Engraved into the back.

His father a painting made by his mothers favorite artist, with a note on the back no one but Mikeal has read. Tyler a shirt, which he'd most likely from instead of wearing. The shirt was a picture of the two boys aesthetically jamming out to their favorite Green Day song. Lucien a shot glass, with Tony's biggest accomplishment painted around the rim, most likely to remind them of the rockets days.

"I'll meet you there." I kissed him quickly and stepped into the lavish limo with my two lovebird friends. The pair no longer tried to put a hold on their relationship, they were happy. Niko was attending a local college in Boston so that he would be able to stay with Rose.

At the burial Sheriff and Lucas's boss as well as Hunter and a few of Lucas's best mates from the NYPD sent Tony off with a memorial dedication in front of the the police department, as well as a personalized badge they presented to him weeks before his passing. We all knew the day would come, Tony even prepared for it all himself, no matter how much we all fought him for it.  The service ended quickly and everyone went on their separate ways.

The weeks went on, without the beloved 17 year old we all managed to push through his grief and continue on with our lives. Chief Detective of CreekSide Springs was the title which now belonged to Lucas. He's left behind all promotional opportunities and dreams of being with the FBI and NYPD and he doesn't regret a thing. Rose now travelled the world for a a global title magazine I can never seem to remember the name of. But she has now become one of the youngest professional journalist society has come to love. Niko now works for a youth correctional orphanage home to help young children as he was out of rough situations such as gangs, as they say all empires may rise and fall. Me? Lucien and I are now off to med school, the best in state. Despite my dreams of getting the hell out of this town as quickly as possible I've come to love the little things.

Tyler and Mikeal, they've kicked off a small time personal training business together. Like fatherlike son.

I now sat in Lucas's office curled over my medical book in a pair of scrubs twiddling his favorite pen. "You look like Lucien's girlfriend not mine." Lucas seethed placing down a cup of fresh coffee on the table beside my prom and graduation photos of us. "Lucien's too nerdy for a girlfriend, seems to run in the family. Chief Detective." I shut my book lifting the sweet aroma to my mouth. "Very funny, just because we all graduated early doesn't mean I didn't score the hottest med student known to man kind." He hummed kissing me deeply. I wrapped my arms around his neck sitting on his desk.

"Oh my Lord, please not in here." The Sheriff opened the door interrupting us. "My bad." Lucas coughed pulling away from me.

"I've got an update on your new case partner." He readjusted his hat.

"Duty Calls." He smirked heading back out through the glass doors. My phone lit up excusing me from the sheriffs awkward glances between us. "As does mine, enjoy." I muttered on his way out answering Niko's call. "Hey you. How's it going on that side?" I opened up my book holding the phone between my shoulder and ear. "Everything's perfect. Just checking in on my future head doctor." He laughed through the phone.

"Rosealine says hi." He chuckled as the line crackled, they seemed to be having lots of phone. "Give me my best friend, she's mine not ours." I heard her argue over the phone followed by more static. "Love you!" They both chimed hanging up the line. I leaned back smiling contentedly.

All good things come to an end, and with fresh ends come new beginnings. Tristen's death was only the beginning of another journey, one I'd be sure to thank him for when I saw him again. This new life was as wrong and crazy as any normals persons, but it was perfect. My friends, my new family, my entire life was  just the way I liked it.

Perfectly Imperfect.

___________________

imperfect(adj.)- not perfect; faulty or incomplete.

Hope you all enjoyed this book, huge shoutout to my inspiration and love somerandomwrier5 she is my anchor and my definition of perfectly imperfect. Go read vote and co,meant on her works.s

Another special shout out to shinyglittergirl for the sweet support and genuine interest on my work. As well as those of you who've supported me along the way thanks for the help. Go check out those other authors and their jaw dropping work.