Twenty-Four

[~Allison~]

My mind was drunken with thoughts during our expedition to the station. Lucas wouldn't ever forgive me. Tony is still missing. Toby was in custody for the murder of our friend Tristen. Toby couldn't even kill a lizard let alone a human, a friend. It seemed impossible, but all signs click in place. Toby was in chemistry, he tutored underclassmen in the labs after school, as well as he prepared for our senior activities after hours with Harley and student council too. He was at the party, but Parker, Rain, Hunter, Rosealine and I didn't see him before the moment of dismay. We all figured he was with Harley, who never mentioned anything, the only other alibi could be Liana. But she wouldn't dare hurt anyone, it would ruin all her chances at John Hopkins and her future career. My head spun rapidly but I still managed to get out of the car. The station was crowded with paramedics and frantic officers, it was chaotic compared to the normal strolling and chattering that once felt homey.

"Allison..." Lucas engulfed me in a large hug squeezing me as if it was the last time he'd ever see me. I pulled away with tears welling in my eyes as he explained the situation to me, his face was distorted with stress devouring his features. "Tony got mauled by his friends dogs when he went to pay up in a bet. Turns out he's been sneaking out for drag race competitions in the nights, he's in critical condition. They're taking him to the hospital now." He mumbled in my hair. I hugged him tightly and pulled away searching his eyes for a glimmer of hope.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. He shook his head vigorously, "Don't apologise little lion, none of this is any of your fault." He hushed me as Rosealine comforted Harley. Liana was soon dragged away fro questioning as well leaving our artistic friend to ponder deeply of all the possible outcomes. "No. It is, I-" he kissed me, pulling me in closer to him.

"Tyler already told me everything. It's not your fault." He looked into my orbs lovingly, "we both know I'm the better kisser anyway." He gave me a slight smile. "Detective, Mr. Johnsley is ready for you." The female officer from my questioning with Jennifer motioned him over. "You want to watch?" He offered. I froze not knowing what to say or do at the moment, everything around me felt like it was on fast forward.

"Detective..." The sheriff warned him. "It's fine. You can update me later." I waved him goodbye. "I got her babes. You go. Tell the his boys what happened." Rosealine nodded towards the sound of the ambulance departure while holding Harley closely. She sent me a fake smile trying to convince me she'd be okay. Without turning back I took Lucas's keys which he left me, and started my way back towards the familiar place I've learned to call home.

Upon my arrival Lucien was already waiting at the door. "Is it my turn? I'm the only sibling other than the baby that hasn't gotten a turn." He puckered up blocking the doorway. "So much for a kiss and tell. Is Mikeal home?" I pushed past him meeting Tylers genuine smile. "I'm right here sweetheart what's up?" He called from the kitchen drinking some water, his body reeked of sweat as did Tyler's.

"Yeah, Uh. There's no easy way to say it but Tony is down at CreekSide Memorial in critical condition. I'll explain on the way." I blurted, all three men rushed out of their stationary positions and dragged me to the large van.

"He did what?!" Tyler coughed up some water. "God, it's like everything that comes out of her mouth sounds like mush to you. Tony bet on drag races with a couple of buds." Lucien restated to his melodramatic brother. "Like you haven't done any worse." Their Dad glanced at Tyler accelerating around the hospital corner. "Mikeal Feroux. I'm here to see my son." He stormed through the door nearly crashing through the reception desk. "Right this way sir, I'll have to ask you all to wait. One at a time he's in critical condition in the ICU."She explained. Mikeal grew restless, shoving past the woman following the signs. "Sorry about him. He's a bit of a hothead." Tyler apologised to the young girl. "It's fine, we all have parents." She smiled perkily bouncing back towards the desk. We all sat in the empty waiting room side by side letting the thick tension overcome us. "You told Lucas about last night." I acknowledged, Tyler opened his eyes sitting up. Lucien whistled his way over to the young lady asking for coffee or a cafe. "Yeah. I figured you would so I beat you to it. Plus I'd hate to deal with any drama between you and him. You guys make each other happy." He explained leaning back into the small chair uncomfortably.

"But why'd you do it?" I asked not moving my gaze from the wall. "Because." He simply answered.

"You're hot. And he wasn't home." He smirked opening one eye to look at me. I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head at his response. "Whatever Charming. It's your turn." I motioned to the heartbroken Mikeal walking our way. His dad grabbed Tyler's arm whispering inaudible words, tears welled in his eyes. I knew it took everything innhok not to break at this moment.

"Thank you." His voice cracked. I furrowed my brows turning to face the older man completely.

"No need to thank me Mikeal, you saved my life once remember. I'll always be in your debt." I placed my small hand on his.

"I see why my boys are so obsessed with you." He let out a sad almost forced chuckle.

"Tyler?" I looked up to see his fallen face, she shook his head plopping into the seat next to his father. I stood up to look for Lucien, it was his turn. I looked back on Mikeal and his son, tears fell from both of their heartbroken eyes as Lucien sipped on his coffe walking towards me down the hall. As his gaze fell on his family he looked to me with glazed worried eyes, " You go before me. We need a minute." His voice shook as the coffee in his hands trembled.

"Tony?" I pulled back the curtain to find his body slumped in a cushioned stretcher. "He ever so slowly turned to find me, the heart monitor beeped steadily following the steady pump of the oxygen tube. His glasses laid beside him relieving his features a bit, he looked different. Weak, fragile, off guard.

"Allison?" He croaked, it sounded like he'd been crying as well. "Yeah, yeah don't worry." I held his hands as he reached out for his glasses. "Lucas is coming by after work." I told him stroking his forearm gently. His finger nails were still tainted red from dried blood and large bandages enveloped his side, chest and biceps. "They really got you huh?" I examine his body running my hand through the same locks he shared with his family. "Yeah. I think I learned my lesson." He let out a dry quiet chuckle. "You don't look so bad. If that helps." I gave a slight smile, he looked just exactly his brother with the dim lighting highlighting his features and without the glasses framing his face.

"Thanks. They said I'm healing pretty quickly. There's just a little issue slowing down the process." He fumbled with my sweater sleeve.

"What's that?" I asked examining the windowless room.

"I can't take the meds I need." He let out a shaky breath looking up at the board across the room.

I followed his eyes and read the bold marker under Tests:

"Stage 4... Melanoma Cancer.. Tony." I ting my eyes back towards him. He kept his gaze on the same wall. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. "If the wounds don't heal right it'll be the infection or spread of the cells that get me." His voice broke as he squeezed my hand. I pulled myself up onto the small one-person stretcher despite the doctors orders to keep safe distance and held him tightly to my chest.

"Keep them safe for me, you're the glue that keeps us all together. I heard Mom would've loved you." He muttered in my chest. "You never met your mom?" I asked confused. He looked up at me, "she killed herself when I was two, Stage five melanoma cancer, she wanted to go out on her own terms I'm guessing." He sniffled.

"But Lucas said..." I began, quickly waving it off avoiding the touchy subject.

Tony continued anyway. "He thought someone killed her in her sleep, it was the only explanation he would accept, until he finally started believing it." He sighed.

"So how do you know she had cancer?" I asked cautiously.

"Dad."

"So Tyler and Lucien..."

"Tyler just found out. I haven't seen Lucy yet."

"You call you're older brother Lucy." I cooed sitting back down. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

"Come back for me in the morning. Bring the guitar, Lucas said you had one lying around." He suggested.

"I can barely play." I stopped at the doorway.

"I'll teach you." He smiled, his eyes closed softly. Lucien weeped on his brothers shoulder, I assumed they had already told him everything. I decided on leaving the family to deal with the heartbreak alone. I sat in the hospital cafe alone, checking my phone. Rosealine called me twice, Lucas three times.

How would he deal with this...after everything we've been through. I don't think Lucas can handle the truth of this one.