Twenty-Five

[~Lucas~]

"Detective are you going in or do I have to call in back up to replace you on this case?" The sheriff shouted as I hastily walked down the hall. "Sorry sheriff family issues." I pushed Tony to the back of my mind. "Irony need your excuses sunny, I need actions present." H3 barker opening the interrogation room door.

"Follow up. Let's try to make this quick, yeah?" I began as the young blonde fellow in the chair stared with his hands motionless. "What relationship did you share with Tristen Carrington?" I slid into the seat peeking into my lead file.

"We were friends." Tobias nonchalantly stated.

"Did you two ever argue, over anything, that may put each other in harms way?"

"No. We bickered but everyone does that."

"Are you familiar with the chemical bromine monochloride?" I studied his posture, he jerked his gaze upwards to me at the name of the murder weapon. "Yes."

"Good. Because you're class studied it during Mr. Zeke's inorganic chemical compound lab, he'd be pretty disappointed if you didn't know what it was. However it is the same chemical that we found at the crime scene the night of Tristen's death. The same chemical your teacher reported missing the night you stayed to tutor the underclass em in the chemistry lab." I rambled on reading off of the papers. Tobias's knuckles clenched under the table, I felt the tension thicken in the air.

"But I.." I cut him off. "The same vials that we found your hair follicle DNA inside of." I raised my eyebrows at him.

He fell silent looking back down at his handcuffed wrists. "Now listen. Anyone could've slipped those vials into your hand. I'm positive you were all intoxicated that night. Which begs the question of your motive," I tapped my finger along the metal table.

"I don't remember anything from that night." Tobias muttered through gritted teeth.

"I'm sure you do cowboy, see your file here claims you have an alibi. An eye witness check you at the crime scene the night of his death. Bickering with your girlfriend Harley." I spun the file around to face him. I pulled over my notepad sliding my favorite pen along with it.

"You're girlfriend, who slept with your friend, our murder victim. Countless times. And lied to you about it." I sighed feeling slightly sympathetic for the kid. "I know what it feels like, when your girl is out with other guys. Kissing your brother, but some of us learn to live and forget kid." I met his light blue eyes. "Allison?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Write down the entire story, whether or not you claim innocence, we've got you cornered." I stood up waiting for him to move. "He hurt her. He played with my trust and hurt her. I couldn't let him call out any drama. He'd ruin our future, our career, we were meant to be together forever. We both got accepted to Yale, Majored in marine biology. We would've had a happy life." He huffed grumpily eyeing the yellow notepad.

"Yeah. Sorry for the sob story champ. I'll leave you to it, I have errands to run." I nodded to my coworker Leslie signaling an all clear to take over as I shuffled out of the room. Rosealine waited patiently looking out of place at my desk. "Sorry for the hold up. How are you feeling?" I asked as she grabbed her keys shrugging. I followed her to the car silently, we drove to the hospital in less than ten minutes barely nicking.p rush hour.

"Thanks again Rose, I'll go get Allison." I goosed her car door gently.

"Actually do you mind taking her home? I was planning on checking on Niko." She called out to me I nodded waving her goodbye.

"Dad? Tyler? Lucien? Where's Allison?" I stepped in front of my groggy dazed family. The all looked toward the ICU signs. I flashed my badge rushing towards the room number, I didn't have time to be checked by security. My brother needed me. My heartstrings rippled in agony at the sight of my brother through the door window.